Social app wants to bring humanity back to social media
A new social app wants to inspire transparency, normalize moods
and recreate the human experience online. The target group is Gen Z, teenagers and young people, between the ages 15-25. Inpathy was founded by Ziarekenya Smith, an entrepreneur based in Detroit, Mich.
social media impacting anxiety, depression, self-image and identity
formation were most prevalent in that age group.
apps … At Inpathy, we see a better way to do it. Especially at those critical identity formation ages,” said Kathryn Young, Chief Operations Officer.
media are posting their carefully curated highlight reel on their
accounts. People can see those and feel pressure to measure up,
without the awareness that those highlight reels are not indicative
of people’s real lives.
clinical social work degree. Prior to coming to Inpathy, she was a
life skills education specialist.
people like people. She always wanted to create opportunities
for people to have access to mental health services, and have the
resources to pay for mental health services.
realization that people weren’t giving themselves grace and empathy
when it came to social media. She believed she could bring
valuable perspective to Inpathy from her work with the military,
as well as her background and training as a clinician.
skills we already have and we can take it to tech and be valuable.”
- Treasurer Maria Pappas unveils online tool that shows where property tax dollars go as Dec. 1 tax due date looms
- Damage from the September Storms and Flooding? Apply for Federal Assistance
- CHA announces new “Restore Home” initiative; major capital effort will rehabilitate nearly 200 vacant apartments in small and medium buildings in 2024-25
- FROM ADVERSITY TO VICTORY: DIXMOOR VIKINGS 11U AND 10U TEAM EYE SUPER BOWL GOLD IN ORLANDO, FLORIDA
- ROBBINS EAGLES 13U TEAM MAKES HISTORIC BREAKTHROUGH, ADVANCING TO AYF NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP FOR THE FIRST TIME IN 40 YEARS
- Sheriff’s Office and Housing Authority of Cook County Distribute Free Turkeys to Cook County Residents
- Azazie and The Bachelorette Star, Charity Lawson, Collaborate on Ultimate Bride-to-Be Holiday Gift Guide
- JANELLE MONÁE JOINS MILK TO CELEBRATE FEMALE MARATHONERS IN NYC
- FENDER HONORS BRUNO MARS WITH ARTIST SIGNATURE STRATOCASTER® GUITAR
- GYMGUYZ Unveils Online Personal Training Studio to Meet Demand for Enhanced Virtual Fitness