Pear Nova and Flora & Noor Celebrate Self-Care Awareness Month
Pear Nova is a beauty brand that was founded by Rachel James in 2013.
James said she started Pear Nova, hand mixing nail polish in her parent’s basement. She has a background in fashion and beauty and really wanted to merge those two worlds, while creating something for Black women. At the time, there weren’t colors that complemented medium to deep skin tones. Pear Nova Studio, located at 2150 S. Canalport, opened in 2019. Her advice for young women who want to start a business is that consistency is key.
Pear Nova is vegan, cruelty-free and 10-free, which means it doesn’t have 10 of the most harmful chemicals you might find in nail polish. James likes to create nail polish color collection, which are limited editions. Currently, there are 50-60 nail shades that comes in classic and gel polish. The shade that stays on James’ list as her favorite is called Novacaine, a sheer pink color that looks good in any season and is the best color if someone wants to add nail art.
Flora & Noor reached out to James and Pear Nova about collaborating on the Self-Care Awareness Month events and James said yes. “I love linking with like-minded clean brands, beauty brands, wellness brands. I feel like a lot of their company’s foundation is ours, as well. So, we really just wanted to, for Self- Care Awareness Month, just create a space where people could come relax, refresh,” James said.
Karim said it was really important for Flora & Noor to host a wellness event in Chicago with some of Flora & Noor’s favorite brands as a way to connect and speak to the community.
“At Flora & Noor, we are all about being proud of the skin you're in and encouraging mental health and wellness. As the founder and someone who lives in the South Loop, I wanted to bring my community out and partake with them in a weekend of peace and tranquility, share the meaning and inspiration behind Flora & Noor, and just have fun together,” Karim said. “Flora & Noor is meant to solve vacancies in the skincare industry for underrepresented consumers whether it be the lack of skincare for those with chronic skin conditions or those who need to use halal products. I loved being able to showcase and highlight our effective solutions for our community when it comes to clean and conscious beauty.
For more information about Flora & Noor, visit www.floraandnoor.com. For more information about Pear Nova, visit www.pearnova.com.
- Biden-Harris Administration Announces $93 Million in Grants to Support Research and Development at HBCUs, TCCUs and MSIs, and Postsecondary Completion for Underserved Students
- New state funding is now available to help build out Illinois’ food infrastructure, with the hope of getting more local food out in more markets.
- Rainbow PUSH Global Automotive Summit 2023 scores high marks for the automotive industry
- IT’S “A MIRACLE ON 31stSTREET”
- Rep. Jackson Introduces Bipartisan Bill, The Marshall “Major” Taylor Congressional Gold Medal Act
- 𝐀𝐫𝐭 𝐯𝐬 𝐕𝐢𝐨𝐥𝐞𝐧𝐜𝐞 𝐨𝐧 𝐂𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐚𝐠𝐨’𝐬 𝐅𝐨𝐫𝐠𝐨𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐧 𝐖𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐬𝐢𝐝𝐞
- JOINT CONGRESSIONAL RACIAL EQUITY BRIEFING EMPHASIZED THE NEED FOR POLICY CHANGES AND UNITY IN SEEKING TO ENACT IMPACTFUL SYSTEMIC REFORMS
- Great Lakes Credit Union Collects 815 Winter Apparel Items for Children and Families in Need
- Biden-Harris Administration Prepares for Third Student Debt Relief Negotiation Session
- Hyundai Motor North America's Olabisi Boyle Named a 2023 Automotive News All-Star