Cook County Clerk Seeking Judges For April Municipal Elections
Residents interested in serving as a poll worker can earn cash for the day of service and play an important role in the electoral process, according to Clerk Karen A. Yarbrough, who administers elections across suburban Cook County.
Residents of all ages are encouraged to apply including veterans, college and high school students, and bilingual residents, as the Clerk’s Office offers ballots to voters in 12 different languages.
“Our judges are the lifeblood of our election operations and we could not get the job done without their service,” said Yarbrough. “I strongly encourage residents to consider joining our team to play an important role in our democracy and earn some cash in the process.”
The upcoming April 4 Consolidated Election includes candidates running for local municipal offices throughout suburban Cook County. These races include mayors, trustees, township officials, school districts, park districts, and fire protection districts, among other offices.
There are 1,430 precincts in suburban Cook County that require staffing by poll workers. The Clerk’s Office is seeking Election Judges ($200 payment) and Polling Place Technicians ($365 payment). Both assignments assist voters and work to ensure that the polling place is running smoothly. Payment for Polling Place Technicians is higher as they have additional responsibilities for voting equipment operations and setup.
Applicants for the positions must complete a required training course in advance of the election. They must also be available to set up voting equipment and serve on Election Day from 5 a.m. until the polling places close at 7 p.m.
To apply to be a judge go to www.cookcountyclerk.com/work or call 312-603-0970.
- Gale V. King Named Chair of The Executive Leadership Council
- Founders First CDC Non-Profit To Award $100,000 In Grants For Third Year To Support Illinois Businesses
- Macy’s Honors Black Stories and Creators in Celebration of Black History Month
- MEN'S WEARHOUSE AND MICHAEL STRAHAN™ LAUNCH CUSTOM SUITING PROGRAM
- 2 Chainz to Headline 2023 Honda Battle of the Bands Halftime Show
- OLISAE IS HERE TO BE NIGERIA’S NEXT WAVE OF AFROBEATS ARTIST
- Michelle A. Albert, MD, MPH, Featured in TIME Magazine Special Issue on ‘The Future of Medicine’
- Licensed Family Therapist Releases Debut Book "INTO-ME-SEE" to Explore Black Love, Mental Health, and Families
- Xavier University of Louisiana and Ochsner Health Partner to Create College of Medicine
- ‘A Wonderful World’ Coming to Chicago