Sheriff Dart Warns Public of Phone Scam
The caller tells the victim to pay the fine using a money transfer app such as Zelle or Venmo and warns the victim not to talk to anyone about the matter because there is a gag order.
The name used by the caller matches the name of an actual Sheriff’s Office employee, so an Internet search of the name may make the call appear to be legitimate.
The public should be aware that this is a scam. The Sheriff’s Office does not request payments in this manner, nor does the Office accept any payment via money transfer apps.
Individuals who believe they have been a victim of this scam are asked to call the Sheriff’s Police Investigation Section at 708-865-4896 or the Sheriff’s Police non-emergency number at 847-635-1188.
- CITY OF CHICAGO REACHES $23.8M SETTLEMENT AGREEMENT WITH E-CIGARETTE MAKER JUUL LABS FOR MARKETING AND SELLING PRODUCTS TO UNDERAGED YOUTH
- Laguna Candles Celebrates 20 Years As Global Luxury Supplier
- St. John Announces Shonda Rhimes in #OwnYourPower for Spring 2023 Campaign
- GOSPEL GREATS TAMELA AND DAVID MANN AND DR. BOBBY JONES TO BE HONORED AT THE 2023 BMI TRAILBLAZERS OF GOSPEL MUSIC AWARDS
- In keeping with the best of the tradition, comedian and impressionist ‘Reggie Reg’ is still barnstorming, traversing the country bringing laughter, smiles and often an inspired message
- Postal Service Celebrates Author Toni Morrison on New Forever Stamp
- MIELLE ORGANICS JOINS P&G BEAUTY IN A MAJOR MOVE FOR BLACK ENTREPRENEURS SERVING BLACK WOMEN
- DONNA MILLER ANNOUNCES 2023 UNSUNG HEROINES AWARD WINNER FOR THE 6TH DISTRICT
- Ladies of Virtue Launches "This Black Girl" Campaign
- Chicago Public Schools Seeks Honorary Student Board of Education Member for 2023-24 School Year