IT’S “A MIRACLE ON 31stSTREET”
IT’S “A MIRACLE ON 31stSTREET” ON TUESDAY, DECEMBER 12, 2023!
HOME RUN INN AND THE CITY OF CHICAGO DEPARTMENT OF FAMILY AND SUPPORT SERVICES WILL DISTRIBUTE 3000 PIZZAS TO CHICAGO HOMELESS SHELTERS
Dreezy Claus and The Caroling Connection to join in the festivities at the Original Home Run Inn
It’s a true “Miracle on 31st Street” on Tuesday, December 12 from 10 a.m. until 12 noon, when Home Run Inn (HRI), the pizza company that has captured the heart of Chicago since opening its first tavern on the South Side in 1947, and the City of Chicago Department of Family and Support Services (DFSS) join hands to distribute 3,000 pizzas to twenty-four Chicago Homeless Shelters at the Original Home Run Inn at 4254 W. 31st Street.
“During this holiday season, DFSS is excited to once again partner with Home Run Inn as we distribute pizzas to our homeless shelters. These donations at this time, will assist our shelters in spreading holiday cheer to the residents they serve,” says Commissioner Brandie V. Knazze, Department of Family and Support Services.
“For over 75 years, Home Run Inn has cherished our deep roots in the iconic city of Chicago,” says Gina Perrino Bolger, Senior Vice President of Home Run Inn and fourth generation family member.” Being part of the city's mission to provide food to our community in need is a great honor and valued cornerstone for our family.”
Home Run Inn is considered Chicago’s very own thin crust pizza known for its irresistible flavor, hand-pinched buttery crust, zesty sauce, plentiful cheese and homemade sausage. The small tavern of the 1920’s was named Home Run Inn in 1947. Now, the company has 9 pizzerias throughout the Chicagoland area and frozen pizza is sold across the country. Home Run Inn also is currently the official pizza of the Chicago Cubs at Wrigley Field and sold at Chicago’s Midway International Airport. Still family-owned and operated, Home Run Inn ranks among the top 10 in pizza brands sold nationally and number one in the Chicagoland area. For further information, visit www.homeruninnpizza.com. Follow Home Run Inn on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and TikTok.
DFSS works with community partners to connect Chicago residents and families to resources that build stability, support their well-being, and empower them to thrive. As the 5th largest City agency and one of the largest social service funders in Chicago, DFSS provides direct services at six Community Service Centers, six Regional Senior Centers, and through partnerships with 350 community-based organizations across the city. In total, DFSS services and funding supports over 400,000 vulnerable Chicagoans each year.
Learn more about DFSS at www.chicago.gov/fss
- Supporting Veterans Living with Dementia: Understanding Risks and Providing Care
- Early Voting is Now Open in Downtown Chicago for the March 19 Presidential Primary Election
- BronzeLens Announces Multi-Hyphenate Award-Winning Actress Anika Noni Rose as the 2024 Legendary Women SuperStars Honoree
- "Dive into a Saucy Adventure" with New Gullah-Inspired Products from Chef Carlos Brown
- Coach today unveiled "Find Your Courage," a campaign featuring virtual human, model and digital creator imma and Coach Family Lil Nas X, Camila Mendes, Youngji Lee, Kōki, and Wu Jinyan. Set in a virtu
- Black Women for Wellness To Host 25th Annual Reproductive Justice Conference
- W.E.B. Du Bois Museum Foundation Awarded $5m Grant by Mellon Foundation
- Fifth Ward Alderman Hosts Town Hall Meeting
- Chicago Hip Hop Museum Cements Chicago’s Place In Hip Hop
- Candidate For The Illinois State Legislature Wants To Bring Resources To Community And Advocate For Students