POET, JOURNALIST, TV PERSONALITY AND AUTHOR KEVIN POWELL NAMED WRITER-IN-RESIDENCE AT PRAIRIE VIEW A&M UNIVERSITY
of newspapers, magazines and major websites. His writings have
appeared in The New York Times, CNN.com, The Nation, NPR,
ESPN, Essence, Esquire, Ebony, The Huffington Post, The Washington
Post, Rolling Stone, Complex, British GQ, The Guardian, and ESPN.com. Powell worked at Vibe Magazine as a senior writer for many years, interviewing such diverse public figures as Tupac Shakur and General Colin Powell.
lectured, worked and traveled in all 50 American states and five of
the world’s seven continents.
environmentalism, you name it. He challenges a multi-generational
audience and issues to them a call to action. Given today’s socio-political climate, nothing could be more timely, especially for HBCU college students for whom the college years are an apprenticeship for thoughtful, meaningful, intentional participation in the change they wish to see,”
master’s degrees, and doctoral degree programs through eight colleges and schools. A member of The Texas A&M University System, the university is dedicated to fulfilling its land-grant mission of achieving excellence in teaching, research, and service. For more information regarding PVAMU, visit www.pvamu.edu.
- The DuSable Museum Presents “DRUM TALK” –THE ANNUAL BOOK AND LITERARY FAIR
- PARADE OF FOUR-LEGGED ANIMALS TO MARCH TO THE SITE OF THEIR FUTURE HOME IN LYNWOOD, ILLINOIS
- Chicago Philharmonic Opens 22/23 Symphonic Series with William Grant Still’s Afro-American Symphony
- CONSUMER ALERT: ComEd, Better Business Bureau Report Another Rise in Mobile Payment App Scams Following Summer Heat Wave ADMISSIONS
- African Pride Launches GROW Initiative as a Rallying Cry for Today’s African American Women
- Saks Celebrates Fall Fashion With Next-Gen Superstar Chlöe Bailey
- Illinois State Treasurer’s Office IT Team Among the Best in the World in Recent Competition
- Tax Rebate Payments Begin for Millions of Illinoisans
- The Return of the Denny’s Orange Blossom Classic Produces a Positive Impact
- Hyde Park Art Center and The Seldoms dance company announce free public