Cayman Kelly Shares Thoughts on Some of His Favorite Summer Interviews
had a busy summer recently welcoming legendary R&B group New Edition on his popular SiriusXM radio show, along with visiting the Essence Festival of Culture to meet up and interview a range of other celebrated Black musicians and talent. Heart & Soul regularly features in-depth interviews with Black music talent while spinning adult R&B hits from yesterday and today.
work is epic and super important because they’ve made lasting contributions to the advancement of American music, while bringing joy and hope to listeners everywhere. No doubt about that. Plus, you know, it was a blast – it’s New Edition! I got
to hang out with ALL 6 of the guys! It’s surreal to me that the
guys I grew up listening to are now my friends! How crazy is
the absolute heights of musical popularity in the 1980s, with
their first album – scoring hits like “Is This the End,” “Popcorn
Love,” and “Candy Girl.”
New Edition remains one of the most significant African American groups to come out of the 1980s American R&B boom.
lane up to present times. We played all of the hits from the group and the group in their various iterations as solo artists and beyond. The interview can be accessed On-Demand on the SXM App.
Culture, I interviewed other great Black talent too, like Tank,” said Kelly. “I’ve known Tank for a long time – been following his career since the beginning.
He’s a fantastic guy. Tank released some new music you have to
check out: ‘Slow.’ Pretty steamy stuff, but definitely a hit in the making.”
While later, Bobby Brown and his whole family gave us a visit to talk
voiceover brothers and SXM family, as well as fellow Washingtonian, not to mention one of my favorite comedians, now
has a standup comedy special produced by Dave Chappelle
on Netflix as well.”
a privilege and a lot of fun. But during times like now, I’m
also reminded of how crucial this work really is for the future.
Because it allows me to help amplify the message of each of these artists and, by doing so, encourage a whole new generation of listeners.”
Heart & Soul – airing weekly on SiriusXM. And for up-to-the-minute
news on Kelly’s ESPN show announcements or other voice appearances, visit him online. Follow Cayman Kelly on social media: Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn.
radio stations, including POWER 105.1 in New York, hosting the “The Breakfast Club,” and a popular national show on SiriusXM’s Heart & Soul. Recently, Kelly was chosen as the featured voice for the SPLAT! “GAME PLAN” image library, and he continues to be the national voice for ESPN and NFL Monday Night Football – the first African American to achieve that position – while also serving as the new imaging voice for the NHL. Learn more about his life and work at: www. CaymanKelly.com.
- The DuSable Museum Presents “DRUM TALK” –THE ANNUAL BOOK AND LITERARY FAIR
- PARADE OF FOUR-LEGGED ANIMALS TO MARCH TO THE SITE OF THEIR FUTURE HOME IN LYNWOOD, ILLINOIS
- Chicago Philharmonic Opens 22/23 Symphonic Series with William Grant Still’s Afro-American Symphony
- CONSUMER ALERT: ComEd, Better Business Bureau Report Another Rise in Mobile Payment App Scams Following Summer Heat Wave ADMISSIONS
- African Pride Launches GROW Initiative as a Rallying Cry for Today’s African American Women
- Saks Celebrates Fall Fashion With Next-Gen Superstar Chlöe Bailey
- Illinois State Treasurer’s Office IT Team Among the Best in the World in Recent Competition
- Tax Rebate Payments Begin for Millions of Illinoisans
- The Return of the Denny’s Orange Blossom Classic Produces a Positive Impact
- Hyde Park Art Center and The Seldoms dance company announce free public