CONGRESSMAN DANNY K. DAVIS ANNOUNCES $177 MILLION FOR ILLINOIS TO HELP HOUSEHOLDS WITH HOME ENERGY COSTS
The funding release includes funds appropriated by Congress from the Continuing Appropriations Act, 2024, as well as $100 million appropriated for FY 2024 from the Bipartisan Infrastructure Investment and Jobs Act and signed by President Joe Biden.
Congressman Davis said, “Ensuring that LIHEAP funding is adequately allocated to my congressional district's communities is paramount. These funds provide vital assistance to low-income households during challenging times, ensuring they can afford essential heating and cooling services. We must continue our commitment to support those in need and prioritize the well-being of our most vulnerable constituents."
Maintaining safe indoor air temperatures is critical, particularly for households that include older adults, individuals with disabilities, and young children. By helping to reduce the costs of home heating and cooling bills, reconnecting energy services that have been disconnected, preventing energy shutoffs, and providing minor energy-related home repairs, LIHEAP helps make sure that our neighbors can meet their home energy needs and stay safe in their homes.
Individuals interested in applying for LIHEAP can visit energyhelp.us or call the National Energy Assistance Referral (NEAR) hotline toll-free at: 1-866-674-6327.
Not sure whether you qualify? Households can easily identify if they may be eligible for assistance by using the LIHEAP Eligibility Tool on energyhelp.us.
- Biden-Harris Administration Announces $93 Million in Grants to Support Research and Development at HBCUs, TCCUs and MSIs, and Postsecondary Completion for Underserved Students
- New state funding is now available to help build out Illinois’ food infrastructure, with the hope of getting more local food out in more markets.
- Rainbow PUSH Global Automotive Summit 2023 scores high marks for the automotive industry
- IT’S “A MIRACLE ON 31stSTREET”
- Rep. Jackson Introduces Bipartisan Bill, The Marshall “Major” Taylor Congressional Gold Medal Act
- 𝐀𝐫𝐭 𝐯𝐬 𝐕𝐢𝐨𝐥𝐞𝐧𝐜𝐞 𝐨𝐧 𝐂𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐚𝐠𝐨’𝐬 𝐅𝐨𝐫𝐠𝐨𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐧 𝐖𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐬𝐢𝐝𝐞
- JOINT CONGRESSIONAL RACIAL EQUITY BRIEFING EMPHASIZED THE NEED FOR POLICY CHANGES AND UNITY IN SEEKING TO ENACT IMPACTFUL SYSTEMIC REFORMS
- Great Lakes Credit Union Collects 815 Winter Apparel Items for Children and Families in Need
- Biden-Harris Administration Prepares for Third Student Debt Relief Negotiation Session
- Hyundai Motor North America's Olabisi Boyle Named a 2023 Automotive News All-Star