CAROL'S DAUGHTER EXPANDS 'LOVE DELIVERED' DOULA GRANTS IN NEW ORLEANS
"We know that access to doula care can be a challenge to many. Through our partnership with Mama Glow Foundation, we have provided doula services for families in need and we are proud to extend the program's reach to the city of New Orleans," says Lisa Price, founder of Carol's Daughter.
According to The World Health Organization, Louisiana has one of the highest maternal mortality and morbidity rates in the country, exceeding the national average.
"The City is grateful to Carol's Daughter and the Mama Glow Foundation for their investment in New Orleans families," said Mayor LaToya Cantrell. "The 'Love Delivered' initiative helps provide safe and healthy reproductive care, and this investment will have an immediate impact on women and children throughout our city. These innovative partnerships are how we will continue to meet our people where they are and improve the health and well-being of our mothers, infants, and families."
Now in its third year, Love Delivered program milestones include:
Engaging and informing over 300,000 people about Black Maternal Health through events, education and webinars
Developing the Birthing While Black Prep Guide, a 65-Page Mobile Resource for Black expectant families
Reaching 4.8 billion people through digital advocacy
Love Delivered is the Black Maternal Health initiative established by Carol's Daughter and its founder, Lisa Price, in partnership with the Mama Glow Foundation and its founder, Latham Thomas. It was created to empower, support, and equip Black women and birthing people and the greater community to advocate for their health and wellness by providing expanded access to doula services, resources for families, birth workers, partners, and allies to be well-informed in supporting positive birthing experiences.
Join Carol's Daughter in the movement for Black Maternal Health. Head to www.carolsdaughter.com/lovedelivered for more information on how to become an advocate and if you or a loved one are in need of a doula, please apply here. Also, follow @CarolsDaughter and @MamaGlow on Instagram for program announcements and information.
Mama Glow Foundation is a 501c3 non-profit organization committed to advancing reproductive justice through Education, Advocacy, and The Arts. The Mama Glow Foundation was founded by the dynamic world-renowned doula and Oprah Super Soul 100 member, Latham Thomas. www.mamaglowfoundation.org.
Mama Glow is a global maternal health company that is transforming the landscape of birth. Through their game-changing professional doula training programs, Mama Glow is home to a community of doulas from every corner of the USA and 6 continents. www.mamaglow.com.
- Biden-Harris Administration Announces $93 Million in Grants to Support Research and Development at HBCUs, TCCUs and MSIs, and Postsecondary Completion for Underserved Students
- New state funding is now available to help build out Illinois’ food infrastructure, with the hope of getting more local food out in more markets.
- Rainbow PUSH Global Automotive Summit 2023 scores high marks for the automotive industry
- IT’S “A MIRACLE ON 31stSTREET”
- Rep. Jackson Introduces Bipartisan Bill, The Marshall “Major” Taylor Congressional Gold Medal Act
- 𝐀𝐫𝐭 𝐯𝐬 𝐕𝐢𝐨𝐥𝐞𝐧𝐜𝐞 𝐨𝐧 𝐂𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐚𝐠𝐨’𝐬 𝐅𝐨𝐫𝐠𝐨𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐧 𝐖𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐬𝐢𝐝𝐞
- JOINT CONGRESSIONAL RACIAL EQUITY BRIEFING EMPHASIZED THE NEED FOR POLICY CHANGES AND UNITY IN SEEKING TO ENACT IMPACTFUL SYSTEMIC REFORMS
- Great Lakes Credit Union Collects 815 Winter Apparel Items for Children and Families in Need
- Biden-Harris Administration Prepares for Third Student Debt Relief Negotiation Session
- Hyundai Motor North America's Olabisi Boyle Named a 2023 Automotive News All-Star