BANK OF AMERICA HELPS SUSTAIN ORGANIZATION’S SENIOR FOOD PROGRAM
“When the Walmart pulled out of the community we just deployed the same strategy. We wanted to highlight the issue, it’s not
fair that corporations are just pulling out of communities
and the bottom line is more important than community health.
There’s already no healthy eating options, there’s already no mental health clinics, there’s already no counselors and now
they’re pulling out,” he said, adding that the organization
distributed thousands of meals in front of Walmart after it closed.
continue the project throughout the year.
Cole said Bank of America was willing to listen and were willing to support My Block My Hood My City’s efforts to provide food for 100 seniors every week. Cole said those are the kinds of partnerships My Block My Hood My City wants, and those are the kind of partnerships that are really needed between nonprofits and corporations. Cole added, long lasting partnerships are better than those where corporations pop in and pop out.
Cole lives in Chatham. He learned a lot from the seniors in the
community. He learned how to be a better person, how to be better
organizer and how to be a better Black man.
can’t let the seniors on my block or my community, be the last to get help. You can’t wait for the government to step in, you have to do it right away. I’m about rapidly responding to things, rapidly
responding to the needs of the community,” he said, adding that once he was able to get sustainable funding for his nonprofit, he made helping support seniors one of the organization’s initiatives.
- CITY OF HARVEY CELEBRATES GROUNDBREAKING CEREMONY FOR HARVEY LOFTS: A LANDMARK $19 MILLION INVESTMENT
- Davis, Krishnamoorthi, Casey Introduce Legislation to Foster Success in Higher Education for Foster and Homeless Youth
- Jada Pinkett Smith to Host 'Red Table Talk' Inspired Event Live in Abu Dhabi
- Dress for Success® Worldwide launches its prestigious power lunch, Women Who Inspire, with guest of honor, Gayle King
- Procter And Gamble Becomes Newest Titanium Sponsor at TAG Oral Care Center For Excellence To Expand Access To Dental Care In Illinois
- FOR THE LOVE OF SHOES: CHICAGO SNEAKER BOUTIQUE LAUNCHES PODCAST PROMOTING COMMUNITY
- THE JOFFREY BALLET OPENS 2023-24 SEASON WITH CHICAGO PREMIERE OF LIAM SCARLETT’S FRANKENSTEIN
- Season 2 of Emmy® Nominated Series, Harlem Globetrotters: Play it Forward Premieres Saturday, October 7 on NBC
- Dream Exchange CEO Speaks at Historic National Black Business Conference, Forges Transformative Partnership with National Black Chamber of Commerce
- MAYOR BRANDON JOHNSON ANNOUNCES EXPANDED YOUTH COMMISSION