LOUIS WISHES YOU A COOL YULE’ SET FOR RELEASE OCTOBER 28th
yuletide fare, he never released a Christmas album during his lifetime. Now, for the very first time, Louis Wishes You A Cool
Yule – out October 28 via Verve Records/ UMe, presents
Armstrong’s holiday recordings as a cohesive body of work,
marking his first-ever official Christmas album.
trumpet tone still able to cut through the din of even the most bustling shopping mall. Available for pre-order today, Louis Wishes You A Cool Yule features nearly the entirety of Armstrong’s holiday output: six Decca singles from the ‘50s, including “Cool Yule,” “Christmas Night in Harlem,” and the swinging.
today, hand-drawn by director and animator JonJon in his distinctive “line and shape” style.
a Wonderful World,” which has become something of a yearlong
hymn of hope and celebrates its 65th anniversary this year, plus a
very special gift to fans: a previously unreleased reading of Samuel Clement Moore’s poem
popularly known as “The Night Before Christmas.” Paired with
a groovy, newly-recorded musical underbed by New Orleans pianist Sullivan Fortner, the poignant recording marks the first new Louis Armstrong track in more than 20
years and is notable for being the last
recording he ever made.
Louis Wishes You A Cool Yule will be available in a variety of formats, including on red vinyl, a limited edition vinyl picture disc (releasing November 4th), CD, and digital.
- BUSINESSMAN ANTHONY McCASKILL FILES NOMINATING PETITIONS IN RUN FOR HARVEY MAYOR
- Cook County property tax analysis: Latino wards see dramatic increases; new state law, reassessments and controversial TIF funds result in higher taxes for most property owners
- Black McDonald’s Operators Association Gives Away 2,000 Turkeys and Meal Packs
- APPLICATIONS NOW OPEN FOR 29TH ANNUAL CHICAGO NEIGHBORHOOD DEVELOPMENT AWARDS
- CHICAGO SCHOLARS NOW ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR CLASS OF 2028
- Tenia Davis Joins NORC as Senior Vice President and Chief Human Resources Officer
- UGG SPREADS THE LOVE THIS HOLIDAY SEASON WITH A FESTIVE ‘FEELS LIKE UGG’ CAMPAIGN & DONATION TO MENTAL HEALTH ORGANIZATIONS
- Bounce and MGM partner for new original comedy series ‘Act Your Age’
- More Than 400 People Attend Black Tech Talent’s 2nd Annual Community TechFest
- RODERICK DREW TALKS ABOUT ILLINOIS TOLLWAY, DIVERSITY AND EQUITABLE TRANSIT