New Manga about Samuel “Blitz” Bazawule highlights his creative roots
filmmaker, and novelist, Bazawule received the Vilcek Prize for Creative Promise in Music in 2013.
tried his hand at filmmaking, with short films and his debut feature, The Burial of Kojo in 2018. In 2020, Bazawule was named a Guggenheim Fellow; later that year, millions would see his directorial work on Beyoncé’s Black Is King, for which he received a Grammy.
Zambia), and molecular biologist Mohamed Abou Donia (b. Egypt).
mission of the foundation was inspired by the couple’s respective careers in biomedical science and art history. Since 2000, the foundation has awarded over $6.6 million in prizes to foreign-born individuals and has supported organizations with over $5.8 million in grants.
- The DuSable Museum Presents “DRUM TALK” –THE ANNUAL BOOK AND LITERARY FAIR
- PARADE OF FOUR-LEGGED ANIMALS TO MARCH TO THE SITE OF THEIR FUTURE HOME IN LYNWOOD, ILLINOIS
- Chicago Philharmonic Opens 22/23 Symphonic Series with William Grant Still’s Afro-American Symphony
- CONSUMER ALERT: ComEd, Better Business Bureau Report Another Rise in Mobile Payment App Scams Following Summer Heat Wave ADMISSIONS
- African Pride Launches GROW Initiative as a Rallying Cry for Today’s African American Women
- Saks Celebrates Fall Fashion With Next-Gen Superstar Chlöe Bailey
- Illinois State Treasurer’s Office IT Team Among the Best in the World in Recent Competition
- Tax Rebate Payments Begin for Millions of Illinoisans
- The Return of the Denny’s Orange Blossom Classic Produces a Positive Impact
- Hyde Park Art Center and The Seldoms dance company announce free public