New Manga about Samuel “Blitz” Bazawule highlights his creative roots
filmmaker, and novelist, Bazawule received the Vilcek Prize for Creative Promise in Music in 2013.
tried his hand at filmmaking, with short films and his debut feature, The Burial of Kojo in 2018. In 2020, Bazawule was named a Guggenheim Fellow; later that year, millions would see his directorial work on Beyoncé’s Black Is King, for which he received a Grammy.
Zambia), and molecular biologist Mohamed Abou Donia (b. Egypt).
mission of the foundation was inspired by the couple’s respective careers in biomedical science and art history. Since 2000, the foundation has awarded over $6.6 million in prizes to foreign-born individuals and has supported organizations with over $5.8 million in grants.
- Bradley University’s “Intern of the Year” has been helped along by CHA/S2S Scholarship
- Sheriff Dart Warns Public of Phone Scam
- YELLOW BANANA SEEKING LOCAL OPERATORS AND PRODUCTS AS IT PREPARES TO REOPEN SHUTTERED GROCERY SITE IN ENGLEWOOD PREVIOUSLY OPERATED BY WHOLE FOODS MARKET
- Gale V. King Named Chair of The Executive Leadership Council
- Founders First CDC Non-Profit To Award $100,000 In Grants For Third Year To Support Illinois Businesses
- Macy’s Honors Black Stories and Creators in Celebration of Black History Month
- MEN'S WEARHOUSE AND MICHAEL STRAHAN™ LAUNCH CUSTOM SUITING PROGRAM
- 2 Chainz to Headline 2023 Honda Battle of the Bands Halftime Show
- OLISAE IS HERE TO BE NIGERIA’S NEXT WAVE OF AFROBEATS ARTIST
- Michelle A. Albert, MD, MPH, Featured in TIME Magazine Special Issue on ‘The Future of Medicine’