This the season to save. Eight tips to stretch your money this holiday shopping season.
of planning can go a long way toward achieving a financially healthy holiday season. With the holiday shopping season upon us, here are eight essential money-saving tips:
money than you planned. Download a budget worksheet (one is available free at Chase.com), which can help you create and manage your budget to help you feel more in control and spend less than you earn. This is a useful tool to reference throughout the year and you can make adjustments as things change, like salary and bills.
2 Open a dedicated savings account. You might consider opening a holiday-specific savings account to put money aside each week. Saving for later will help make a difference when it’s time to buy gifts for your loved ones.
qualify for might appeal to someone on your list.
month by the due date to avoid interest charges or pay at least the minimum payment to avoid late fees. Resist the temptation to spend more than you can pay in any given month.
Retailers have already started holiday sales and, of course, all of the popular discount days – Black Friday, Small Business Saturday and
Cyber Monday – present opportunities to save. You can also use money-saving apps like RetailMeNot, Honey and Rakuten to get cash-back deals and discounts automatically when you shop online.
unnecessary expenditures will allow you to account for the season’s natural surge in discretionary spending.
Make sure you monitor your credit score and identity with confidence and sign up to receive alerts from Chase’s Credit Journey.
Sponsored content from JPMorgan Chase.
- BUSINESSMAN ANTHONY McCASKILL FILES NOMINATING PETITIONS IN RUN FOR HARVEY MAYOR
- Cook County property tax analysis: Latino wards see dramatic increases; new state law, reassessments and controversial TIF funds result in higher taxes for most property owners
- Black McDonald’s Operators Association Gives Away 2,000 Turkeys and Meal Packs
- APPLICATIONS NOW OPEN FOR 29TH ANNUAL CHICAGO NEIGHBORHOOD DEVELOPMENT AWARDS
- CHICAGO SCHOLARS NOW ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR CLASS OF 2028
- Tenia Davis Joins NORC as Senior Vice President and Chief Human Resources Officer
- UGG SPREADS THE LOVE THIS HOLIDAY SEASON WITH A FESTIVE ‘FEELS LIKE UGG’ CAMPAIGN & DONATION TO MENTAL HEALTH ORGANIZATIONS
- Bounce and MGM partner for new original comedy series ‘Act Your Age’
- More Than 400 People Attend Black Tech Talent’s 2nd Annual Community TechFest
- RODERICK DREW TALKS ABOUT ILLINOIS TOLLWAY, DIVERSITY AND EQUITABLE TRANSIT