BIDEN-HARRIS ADMINISTRATION LAUNCHES FIRST-OF-ITS-KIND $50 MILLION PROGRAM TO HELP NONPROFITS MAKE CRITICAL ENERGY UPGRADES
WASHINGTON, D.C. — The Biden-Harris Administration, through the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE), released a Request for Information (RFI) seeking public comment on a new $50 million energy upgrade pilot program for nonprofits. Funded by President Biden’ s Bipartisan Infra -
structure Law, the Energy Efficiency Materials Program will help nonprofits purchase materials and implement building upgrades to decrease utility costs, create healthier community spaces and help reduce carbon emissions in commercial buildings. As a first-of-its-kind investment
from DOE, it will provide an opportunity to bolster the financial health and long-term sustainability of nonprofits and empower them to take part in the clean energy transition.
communities and include diverse organizations – such as libraries, worship facilities, community centers, animal shelters, hospitals, healthcare clinics, museums, art institutions, youth sports leagues, scientific testing centers, and more. More than half a million facilities are operated by nonprofits in the United States, and most are in commercial spaces where up to 30% of energy can be wasted due to inefficiencies.
- Treasurer Maria Pappas unveils online tool that shows where property tax dollars go as Dec. 1 tax due date looms
- Damage from the September Storms and Flooding? Apply for Federal Assistance
- CHA announces new “Restore Home” initiative; major capital effort will rehabilitate nearly 200 vacant apartments in small and medium buildings in 2024-25
- FROM ADVERSITY TO VICTORY: DIXMOOR VIKINGS 11U AND 10U TEAM EYE SUPER BOWL GOLD IN ORLANDO, FLORIDA
- ROBBINS EAGLES 13U TEAM MAKES HISTORIC BREAKTHROUGH, ADVANCING TO AYF NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP FOR THE FIRST TIME IN 40 YEARS
- Sheriff’s Office and Housing Authority of Cook County Distribute Free Turkeys to Cook County Residents
- Azazie and The Bachelorette Star, Charity Lawson, Collaborate on Ultimate Bride-to-Be Holiday Gift Guide
- JANELLE MONÁE JOINS MILK TO CELEBRATE FEMALE MARATHONERS IN NYC
- FENDER HONORS BRUNO MARS WITH ARTIST SIGNATURE STRATOCASTER® GUITAR
- GYMGUYZ Unveils Online Personal Training Studio to Meet Demand for Enhanced Virtual Fitness