Woman-owned business benefits from CTA program
Mobley attended the CTA’s Building Small Businesses Program because she wanted to build capacity and she needed some guidance on how to do it. During the program, she learned how to get capital. Air & Wellness Safety Training has been providing flagging services for the CTA’s Red and Purple Line Modernization (RPM) Phase One Project.
The work has been both exciting and challenging for Mobley and the employees of Air & Wellness Safety Training. The employees had a great learning experience with training to do the flagging services for the project.
During COVID-19, a lot of the support that CTA helped the firms secure was from banks to help them process Paycheck Protection Program and Economic Injury Disaster Loan paperwork quicker so they could stay afloat.
“Safety is our No. 1 priority at CTA. So, [Mobley’s] team is instrumental in making sure we keep those public right of way’s safe while we’re building around there,” Prieto said.
While Walsh-Fluor has met their contractual obligation to the program, it was so successful that CTA has put out a request for proposal for the program to be continued CTA-wide, across all of its projects.
Mobley’s goal is to help people within the community who are economically challenged make wages that will enable them to feed their families. Mobley has seen that people want to work; they need access to career opportunities.
Mobley encourages other small businesses looking to build capacity within the transit industry to attend a CTA session, and to ask questions during those sessions.
Those interested in the CTA’s Building Small Businesses program can keep updated by following CTA on social media: facebook.com/thecta, @cta on twitter and @chicagocta on Instagram.
For more information about Air & Wellness Safety Training, visit airwellnesssafetytraining.com.
- CITY OF CHICAGO REACHES $23.8M SETTLEMENT AGREEMENT WITH E-CIGARETTE MAKER JUUL LABS FOR MARKETING AND SELLING PRODUCTS TO UNDERAGED YOUTH
- Laguna Candles Celebrates 20 Years As Global Luxury Supplier
- St. John Announces Shonda Rhimes in #OwnYourPower for Spring 2023 Campaign
- GOSPEL GREATS TAMELA AND DAVID MANN AND DR. BOBBY JONES TO BE HONORED AT THE 2023 BMI TRAILBLAZERS OF GOSPEL MUSIC AWARDS
- In keeping with the best of the tradition, comedian and impressionist ‘Reggie Reg’ is still barnstorming, traversing the country bringing laughter, smiles and often an inspired message
- Postal Service Celebrates Author Toni Morrison on New Forever Stamp
- MIELLE ORGANICS JOINS P&G BEAUTY IN A MAJOR MOVE FOR BLACK ENTREPRENEURS SERVING BLACK WOMEN
- DONNA MILLER ANNOUNCES 2023 UNSUNG HEROINES AWARD WINNER FOR THE 6TH DISTRICT
- Ladies of Virtue Launches "This Black Girl" Campaign
- Chicago Public Schools Seeks Honorary Student Board of Education Member for 2023-24 School Year