Balu Organics Play Ball Pits Creates a $1 Million Business for Black Mom
foam toy that provided hours of fun and entertainment for her own young daughter, she knew it was a winner.
much-needed rest, free time, or most likely cross off chores from their never-ending to-do lists.
daughter a unique product that challenged her physical and mental
growth while satisfying her boundless curiosity.
18 months. After navigating all the perils and pitfalls that cause many
small businesses to fail, we’ve expanded into a 2,500 square foot
warehouse, and we’re looking at moving into a bigger place,” Spencer
balls, so toddlers can safely dive in without getting hurt. Toddlers who
are still crawling can also stand up in the play pits, using the edge of
the pits as a handrail guide.
safe and creative playtime while nurturing their growing curiosities
about the world around them. The pits help their physical and mental
development, from crawling to walking.
will soon be diversifying into baby couches and ball pits of different
Canada that adhere to strict North American safety regulations. Parents trust us because we only sell products that our own children would use,” said Spencer.
excellent customer service. Offering a quality product with attentive
customer service has paid off —most of her U.S. and Canadian customers are from word-of-mouth. She has more than 150 positive reviews alone on Etsy, and social media influencers have
raved about her product.
of their Mini Marché program that supports local Canadian businesses. Balu Organics has also been featured in several
articles, including The New York Post, Vanity Fair, Fatherly, and BuzzFeed.
offers an environmentally friendly green soy-based high-resiliency
foam option called Koosh, which is safe and doesn’t emit harmful
and is exclusively available only at Balu Organics. The brand is the
only company in North America offering this product.
they’re willing to spend a little more for a great product like this.
Grandparents and people attending baby showers are also buying our
product as gifts,” Spencer said.
when we started the business, and she never got bored. You can also
watch how your baby grows and progresses over time, from laying in
the pit to standing up,” said Spencer.
your baby at every stage and are also available online at Best Buy,
Indigo, Etsy, and The Tot.
sure you have the best and most beautiful options for your little one’s
developmental playtime. If you have any questions, please review the
Balu Organics website or contact me directly,” said Spencer.
- ILLINOIS FARM BUREAU AND ILLINOIS PRESS FOUNDATION AWARD GRANTS TO 16 HIGH SCHOOL JOURNALISM PROGRAMS
- HAVAS CHICAGO HIGHLIGHTS THE CAREER JOURNEYS OF BLACK CREATIVES IN “JUST LIKE ME” DOCUMENTARY
- LEGOLAND® NEW YORK RESORT GIVES AWAY “90 SURPRISES PER WEEK” TO CELEBRATE THE 90TH ANNIVERSARY OF THE LEGO® GROUP!
- Kua Designs Pops-Up Across America
- HOUSE OF FIRST PARTNERS WITH THE PAINTED HOUSE ON NEW NFT PROJECT “BLACK IS BEAUTIFUL”
- MCA CHICAGO ANNOUNCES NEW EXHIBITION FEATURING CHICAGO-BASED ARTIST GREGORY BAE
- ROSELAND MEDICAL DISTRICT PLAN APPROVAL EXPECTED
- Bridging the Opportunity Gap: Connecting Black and Latinx Students to Careers in Finance
- Bambee provides human resource assistance for small businesses
- Rep. Kelly Applauds Senate Gun Violence Prevention Framework