Jesse White Awards Over $5.6 Million in Adult Literacy Grants
in Adult Literacy Grants to help students develop and enhance their reading, math, writing and English-language skills.
every citizen of this state has access to quality literacy programs.”
around the state. A proposed total of 5,600 volunteer tutors will provide training for students to obtain skills that put them on the path to lifelong learning. Adult Literacy Grant projects help Illinois adults who read below the ninth-grade level or speak English at a beginning level to improve their reading, writing, math or use of English as a second language. The Adult Literacy Program is administered by the Secretary of State’s Illinois State Library Literacy Office
and awards grants in three categories:
17 years of age and older in basic reading, math, writing or language skills. Participating literacy providers may include libraries, volunteer tutoring organizations, community- based organizations, community colleges, regional
offices of educations, schools (individual and public), preschool programs, school districts, domestic violence shelters and correctional facilities.
children to enhance basic reading, math, writing or language skills. Programs
must partner with an adult literacy provider, child-atrisk agency and a public
employees of participating Illinois businesses, enabling them to enhance their basic reading, writing or language skills and improve their chances for promotion. Eligible employees must read at or below the ninth-grade level. Grantees must match the grant award and may also provide instructional
services to prospective employees. The fiscal agent and submitting agency may be either the educational partner or the business partner.
the Illinois Adult Learning Hotline at 800-321-9511.
- Jesse White Awards Over $530,000 Project Next Generation Grants
- INVESTORS TAKE NOTE: DL3 REALTY’S SALE OF THE NEWLY-DELIVERED AND REDEVELOPED BLUE CROSS BLUE SHIELD MULTIPURPOSE SOLUTION CENTER IS BOTH PROFITABLE AND SOCIALLY RELEVANT
- Clerk’s Office restores key online functions
- Pastor John Hannah and New Life Covenant Church SE Host 3-Day Grand Opening Celebration for New Temple Church Major Revitalization Project in Greater Grand Crossing Community Opens!
- WarnerMedia Celebrates National HBCU Week
- Walgreens Mobile Clinic Administers COVID-19 and Flu Vaccines at HBCU Events
- Crown Royal Regal Apple And Harlem’s Fashion Row Support Designers Of Color
- Dr. Ian Smith partners with National Minority Health
- Pepsi® Brings Jalen Hurts Into Fans’ Kitchens
- The LUV Institute Displays Parade Of Hearts