Apple selects 15 Black- and Brown-owned businesses
These innovative companies from across the US are working on environmental solutions
unveiled its first class of 15 Black and Brown-owned businesses on
the cutting edge of green technology and clean energy, who will join the company’s Impact Accelerator to support equity and opportunity in the environmental sector. Part of Apple’s Racial Equity and Justice Initiative, this program will help to combat systemic barriers to opportunity, while also advancing innovative solutions for communities most impacted by climate change.
look forward to seeing how these innovative businesses will expand
their work to protect the planet and our communities,” said Lisa
Jackson, Apple’s vice president of Environment, Policy, and Social
Initiatives. “On our journey to our 2030 carbon neutral goal for
our supply chain and products, we’re determined to help create a
greener and more equitable future for all people. The businesses we’re partnering with today are poised to become tomorrow’s diverse and innovative industry leaders, creating ripples of change to help communities everywhere adapt to the urgent challenges posed by climate change.”
Impact Accelerator is tailored to support Black-, Brown-, and Native
American and Indigenous-owned businesses that share Apple’s focus on innovation and commitment to the environment as they achieve their next stage of development. Following the three-month virtual program, the companies will be considered for opportunities to act as suppliers to Apple as it works to become carbon neutral for its supply chain and products by 2030.
Maurice H. Brewster; Transportation Firm in San Jose, CA
Utility-Solar Energy Development Firm in Washington, D.C.
Manufacturing and Automation Company in Santa Clara, CA
Technologies, Inc., President and Chief Financial Officer: Karl
Johnson; Chemical Safety Firm in Detroit, Michigan
Directors: Lyle Jack; Clean Energy Developer in Tribal Regions Across the Dakotas
Shipment Company in Livermore, CA
Environmental Solutions Company in Southfield, MI
Environmental Services Company in Detroit, MI
Manetta: Technology Consultancy in Plano, TX
Supply Chain Solutions Firm in Minneapolis, MN
CEO: Roderick Rickman; Industrial Cleaning and Environmental Service Firm in Detroit, MI
Electrical, and Plumbing Engineering Design Firm in Leesburg, VA and Apollo Beach, FL
the environment, visit apple.com/ environment.
- Jesse White Awards Over $530,000 Project Next Generation Grants
- INVESTORS TAKE NOTE: DL3 REALTY’S SALE OF THE NEWLY-DELIVERED AND REDEVELOPED BLUE CROSS BLUE SHIELD MULTIPURPOSE SOLUTION CENTER IS BOTH PROFITABLE AND SOCIALLY RELEVANT
- Clerk’s Office restores key online functions
- Pastor John Hannah and New Life Covenant Church SE Host 3-Day Grand Opening Celebration for New Temple Church Major Revitalization Project in Greater Grand Crossing Community Opens!
- WarnerMedia Celebrates National HBCU Week
- Walgreens Mobile Clinic Administers COVID-19 and Flu Vaccines at HBCU Events
- Crown Royal Regal Apple And Harlem’s Fashion Row Support Designers Of Color
- Dr. Ian Smith partners with National Minority Health
- Pepsi® Brings Jalen Hurts Into Fans’ Kitchens
- The LUV Institute Displays Parade Of Hearts