ILLINOIS DIGITAL EQUITY TOUR COMMEMORATES 10TH ANNIVERSARY OF COMCAST’S INTERNET ESSENTIALS PROGRAM
Internet Essentials has helped 1.3 million+ low-income Illinoisans connect to the Internet at home since 2011
public housing residents enrolled in public assistance programs, ranging from Medicaid, the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) and the National School Lunch
Program (NSLP) to the federal Supplemental Security Income (SSI) and housing assistance programs. Since its launch in 2011, Internet Essentials has connected more than 10 million
Americans to the Internet at home – more than 1.3 million in Illinois alone.
Rockford, and Springfield.
The laptops will be awarded to students who recently completed MYTT’s after-school STEM training programs in Dolton and other south suburban communities.
work it’s doing to change lives and Comcast for helping MYTT deliver on its mission.”
Looking toward the next ten years, Comcast is building on that foundation and expanding its impact through Project UP, a comprehensive initiative to advance digital equity and
help build a future of unlimited possibilities. This week’s tour to promote digital equity in Illinois is part of Project UP.
partnerships across Comcast, NBCUniversal and Sky that connect people to the Internet, advance economic mobility and open doors for the next generation of innovators, entrepreneurs, storytellers and creators. For more information on Project UP and the latest news on Comcast’s efforts to address digital inequities, visit https://corporate.comcast.
- Property reassessments released for South Chicago
- Debbie Allen, National Kidney Foundation Team-Up for Early Diagnosis of Kidney Disease
- Author Helps Self-Published Children's Authors Expand Reach
- Two new traveling exhibits will bring world-class exhibitions to Carroll County starting October 9, 2021
- “THE TEMPLE” TO SERVE AS BEACON OF LIGHT
- Chicago Urban League Partners With Landmark Development
- GhostBed and Venus Williams To Launch New Sleep Products Collection
- J. Cole to Perform for SiriusXM and Pandora’s Small Stage Series
- AUTHOR USES HER PLATFORM TO TALK ABOUT THE IMPORTANCE OF DIVERSITY EQUITY & INCLUSION
- The Auditorium Theatre Announces The 11th Year Of ArtsXChange