Eliza Christoph Luxury, Ethical Fashion Brand Launched to Embody a Kenyan Sensibility With Color, Pattern, & Sustainability
Poised to empower women in Kenya by creating jobs for skilled artisans and supporting their training, the brand offers more than sustainable, ethical luxury. Eliza Christoph offers principled, handcrafted clothing and accessories that wholeheartedly embrace the vibrant prints that are the spirit of Kenya. For clothing and accessories made outside of Africa, the brand donates a portion of the profits to communities where their artisans live and work.
Classic in design, the pieces mix unique, vibrant prints with timeless and versatile silhouettes to create luxury staples. The first collection consists of shirt dresses, skirts and silk scarves. The dresses come in Dutch-wax-printed fabrics and uniquely designed and printed Italian cotton poplin. The skirts are made from the same cotton poplin, and the scarves are 100% Italian silk.
The double-faced Dutch wax fabric is printed in rich colors with a labor-intensive technique that applies wax resin before submerging the fabric in dye. For the cotton poplin prints, the brand created its own unique print designs inspired by historic African prints and Africa’s natural beauty. The bold prints blend the founder’s love for her home country and passion for modern and contemporary art.
The Eliza Christoph silk scarves bring art and luxury together. Uniquely designed, the scarf prints are hand-painted and digitally designed to depict the magnificent Kenyan sights and experiences. The scarves are made and printed in Italy on 100% silk and finished with hand-rolled edges for a refined look.
In keeping with their mission, Eliza Christoph will continue to give financial support to the African communities that inspire their collections.
For more information, visit https://www.elizachristoph.com.
- Jesse White Awards Over $530,000 Project Next Generation Grants
- INVESTORS TAKE NOTE: DL3 REALTY’S SALE OF THE NEWLY-DELIVERED AND REDEVELOPED BLUE CROSS BLUE SHIELD MULTIPURPOSE SOLUTION CENTER IS BOTH PROFITABLE AND SOCIALLY RELEVANT
- Clerk’s Office restores key online functions
- Pastor John Hannah and New Life Covenant Church SE Host 3-Day Grand Opening Celebration for New Temple Church Major Revitalization Project in Greater Grand Crossing Community Opens!
- WarnerMedia Celebrates National HBCU Week
- Walgreens Mobile Clinic Administers COVID-19 and Flu Vaccines at HBCU Events
- Crown Royal Regal Apple And Harlem’s Fashion Row Support Designers Of Color
- Dr. Ian Smith partners with National Minority Health
- Pepsi® Brings Jalen Hurts Into Fans’ Kitchens
- The LUV Institute Displays Parade Of Hearts