Dove and Matthew A. Cherry Team Up to Inspire Hair Love in Kids
The partnership will include a NEW range of hair care products for curls, coils, and waves
A. Cherry announce an official partnership to ensure the next generation of Black kids develop a positive relationship with beauty. The partnership will kick off with a new collection of hair
care products designed for kids with curls, coils, and waves, inspired by Matthew’s Academy Award-winning animated short film, Hair Love.
packaging also features an empowering positive affirmation – “I am caring, brilliant, and creative” – to boost self-esteem and set kids on the right path for a positive relationship with their hair.
in the world around them1,” explains Esi Eggleston Bracey, Executive Vice President and Chief Operating Officer of Unilever Personal Care, North America. “Dove and Matthew have been working in parallel to create a world where natural hair is a source of confidence in young people, and we are thrilled to officially
come together to nurture a positive self-image in kids and, at the same time, deliver products that offer the expert nourishment and care of Dove to Black families.”
butter and coconut oil to deliver soft, moisturized, and healthy-feeling hair. The full collection is available now on Walmart.com and will be available in Walmart stores nationwide beginning January 2022.
explains filmmaker Matthew A. Cherry. “Through this partnership, we will take Zuri ‘offscreen’ and into the real world to inspire hair love and build self-confidence in kids everywhere.”
been passed in 14 states, with 36 more to go. Each Dove Kids Care Hair Love bottle features a QR code to learn more about the CROWN Act and sign the official petition to #PassTheCROWN.
confidence in kids with textured hair.
and it is proof not promises that enabled Dove to grow from a Beauty Bar into one of the world’s most beloved beauty brands.
women and to championing real beauty in our advertising. Dove believes that beauty is for everyone. That beauty should be a source of confidence and not anxiety. Dove’s mission is to inspire women everywhere to develop a positive relationship with the way they look and realize their personal potential for beauty. For 60 years, Dove has been committed to broadening the narrow definition of beauty in the work they do. With the ‘Dove Real Beauty Pledge,’ Dove vows to:
education in the world.
- Assessor’s Office Refunds $15 Million To Cook County Neighborhoods
- Biden-Harris Administration Takes Actions to Support Students’ Basic Needs and Mitigate the Spread of COVID-19 at Colleges and Universities
- THE DIVERSITY ORG ORGANIZATION LEVERAGES SUPPORT TO EXPOSE STUDENTS TO CAREERS
- OSF Ventures launches third and largest venture capital fund
- Scripps Promotes Content Strategist Marcus Riley
- Froliage Is Redefining Black Hair Care
- Mayweather Boxing + Fitness Goes Global
- YOUNG PROFESSIONAL BLACK BULL RIDER COMPETES AT TOP LEVEL
- Urban Autism Solutions receives $20,000 grant from the Albert Pick, Jr. Fund
- Cook County Treasurer Maria Pappas changes 2022 Scavenger Sale to benefit bidders and communities