ESSENCE Girls United Enters Into The Era of Disruption for its 2023 Summit
As the leading destination for young Black women, ESSENCE Girls United, is bringing notable speakers, influencers and creatives and musical performers to the 2023 summit such as dynamic sister-duo Jordyn Woods and Jodie Woods, South African singer-songwriter Tyla, If Not for My Girls cast members BIA, Muni Long & Pretty Vee, alongside many more! This year’s GU Disruptor Summit will touch down in the ATL for a full day of conversations, workshops and on-site activities such as photo experiences throughout, the kick-off of GU Office Hours, speed mentoring sessions to get connected with key industry players, and the Soko Marketplace where attendees can shop & support a mix of Black-owned businesses. The one-day event is set to take place at the PC&E sound stage (2235 Defoor Hills Rd. NW, Atlanta, GA 30318) from 10:00am - 5:30pm ET featuring:
Live taping of the Season 5 cast of If Not for My Girls including BIA (Chart-Topping Artist), Muni Long (Grammy-Award Winning Singer-Songwriter) and Pretty Vee (Media Personality, Comedian & Actress)
Disrupt or Be Disrupted with Caroline Wanga (ESSENCE Ventures President & CEO)
Partner in Prime with Jordyn Woods (Model and CEO & Founder of Woods by Jordyn) and Jodie Woods (Influencer & Entrepreneur)
Backstage Pass with Aleali May (Fashion Blogger, Model & Sneaker Designer) and Anifa Mvuemba (Fashion Designer and Founder & Creative Director of Hanifa)
Cut the Dupe with Aliyah’s Interlude (Fashion Creator) and YungBBQ (Comedian)
Industry Talk with Shawna Spears (Vice President of Brand Marketing at Venice Music), Ebonie Ward (CEO/Chairwoman, Founder of Eleventh & Co), Baroline Diaz (Founder & Chairwoman of Great Day Records), Brandra Ringo (Executive Vice President & Co-Head of A&R at Quality Control Music)
Medical Mania with Dr. Jess (Mental & Health Awareness Expert)
On Strike, a conversation with changemakers in the activism space, in preparation for the upcoming 2024 election year, to discuss how the reversal of affirmative action, the residential housing crisis, and the failed promises of student loan repayment will impact current and future students and Black women in college and more!
Attendees can register for complimentary tickets to attend the 2023 ESSENCE Girls United Disruptor Summit and learn more at https://www.essence.com/gusummit2023, which will also be available for virtual attendees at ESSENCE.com and GirlsUnited.ESSENCE.com. GU fans can join the conversation on social media at @ESSENCEGU, as well as by using the hashtag #GUDisruptorSummit. The 2023 GU Disruptor Summit is sponsored by Coca-Cola® Zero Sugar and McDonald’s USA.
- Biden-Harris Administration Announces $93 Million in Grants to Support Research and Development at HBCUs, TCCUs and MSIs, and Postsecondary Completion for Underserved Students
- New state funding is now available to help build out Illinois’ food infrastructure, with the hope of getting more local food out in more markets.
- Rainbow PUSH Global Automotive Summit 2023 scores high marks for the automotive industry
- IT’S “A MIRACLE ON 31stSTREET”
- Rep. Jackson Introduces Bipartisan Bill, The Marshall “Major” Taylor Congressional Gold Medal Act
- 𝐀𝐫𝐭 𝐯𝐬 𝐕𝐢𝐨𝐥𝐞𝐧𝐜𝐞 𝐨𝐧 𝐂𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐚𝐠𝐨’𝐬 𝐅𝐨𝐫𝐠𝐨𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐧 𝐖𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐬𝐢𝐝𝐞
- JOINT CONGRESSIONAL RACIAL EQUITY BRIEFING EMPHASIZED THE NEED FOR POLICY CHANGES AND UNITY IN SEEKING TO ENACT IMPACTFUL SYSTEMIC REFORMS
- Great Lakes Credit Union Collects 815 Winter Apparel Items for Children and Families in Need
- Biden-Harris Administration Prepares for Third Student Debt Relief Negotiation Session
- Hyundai Motor North America's Olabisi Boyle Named a 2023 Automotive News All-Star