PROGRAM HELP STUDENTS PREPARE FOR COLLEGE
BY TIA CAROL JONES
The Collegiate Scholars Program was established
in 2003. It is a free, three-year college preparation
program. It focuses on helping high school students
prepare for admission to top colleges and universities
throughout the country.
the University of Chicago campus year-round, including an
intensive, six-week summer program. Students participate in college-level classes, taught by professors and grad students.
and culture and career exploration and support. Students have the opportunity to go on a college tour. In 2022
students went to Washington , D.C. This Spring, students went to St. Louis and in August, students will go to Atlanta to visit schools.
Ochoa said that one of the areas of focus for the University is extending educational opportunities for students who live and attend high schools on the South Side, with special focus on communities around the University.
are completing college in six years and 89% are completing college in a four-year time frame.
wants to major in English, with a minor in Creative
Writing. Writing is her passion and what she wants to do for a living. She received a scholarship, which will cover
95% of the costs.
blessed they feel that their child has gained access to an institution like the University of Chicago. They’re very appreciative of the various services and a lot the direct support that we provide their child in this multi-year program,” he said. “From a student perspective, I think they really enjoy becoming independent as early as sophomore year in high school.”
Readiness Programs, visit https://osp-cp.uchicago.edu.
- Stroke Survivor to Throw Out Ceremonial First Pitch at Cubs Game Tuesday, May 30
- ASSESSOR KAEGI RECEIVES OUTSTANDING COMMUNITY PARTNER AWARD
- PASTOR JOHN HANNAH TO BRING TOGETHER THOUSANDS ON THE SOUTHSIDE TO MARCH FOR PEACE IN CHICAGO DURING ITS ANNUAL “PRAYER ON THE 9” DEMONSTRATION
- May is Motorcycle Awareness Month
- Small Business Owners – Catalysts for Economic Growth
- MGM+ Announces a Greenlight for the Docuseries ‘Hollywood Black’
- ALICIA KEYS RE-IMAGINES HER ICONIC SONG ‘IF I AIN’T GOT YOU’
- 59FIFTY Day Celebrates Global Influence of New Era's Iconic Cap
- New Jewelry Brand, ZAM Jewelry, Telling People To "Shut Up"
- Bally's Names Marcus Glover Executive Vice President And Chief Financial Officer And Appoints Jaymin B. Patel As Vice Chairman