Black-Owned Edtech Company Stemuli Announces Merger of Infinity.careers and Oppti, Founders Take on New Roles
DALLAS, PRNewswire -- Stemuli—a gaming company at the intersection of AI, education, and workforce development—announced the merger of Infinity.careers and Oppti into Stemuli, with all companies focused on providing career navigation tools to empower students with the skills needed to thrive in the 21st century economy.
Stemuli, led by Taylor Shead, Founder & CEO, is a Black and woman-owned company with a mission to provide a pathway to an intellectually and economically fulfilling career for all. Naomi Thomas, Founder of infinity.careers, will take on the role of Head of Digital for Stemuli, while Khiry Kemp, Co-founder of Oppti, will serve as Head of Operations. The company announced the merger was made possible because the three founders met in Jobs for the Future's (JFF) Entrepreneur in Residence incubator, led by JFFLabs, JFF's innovation lab, which brings together talented and driven entrepreneurs to collaborate and solve real-world problems.
"Stemuli is a shining example of what can happen when we bring together and incubate talented and driven entrepreneurs to collaborate and catalyze new ways to support people facing systemic barriers to advancement," said Kristina Francis, executive director of JFFLabs, JFF's innovation lab. "We are thrilled to see the success of our program in action, and we look forward to seeing the impact this merger will have on the future of learning."
According to the National Bureau of Economic Research, access to capital is a major barrier for black entrepreneurs. Despite making up over 13% of the US population, Black-owned businesses only receive less than 1% of venture capital. The merger of Infinity.careers and Oppti into Stemuli highlights the power of Black founders coming together in a way that hasn't been done before, and demonstrates their commitment to creating new opportunities in the edtech space.
"This merger marks an important milestone for both black entrepreneurs and the edtech industry as a whole," said Taylor Shead, Founder and CEO of Stemuli. "We are excited to join forces and bring our collective expertise to create a company that truly empowers students and addresses the needs of the education system. We believe that education is the key to unlocking opportunities and driving social and economic mobility, and we are committed to making that a reality for students across the country."
Stemuli is a Black and woman-owned gaming company at the intersection of AI, education, and workforce development. For more information, visit www.stemuli.net.
- Stroke Survivor to Throw Out Ceremonial First Pitch at Cubs Game Tuesday, May 30
- ASSESSOR KAEGI RECEIVES OUTSTANDING COMMUNITY PARTNER AWARD
- PASTOR JOHN HANNAH TO BRING TOGETHER THOUSANDS ON THE SOUTHSIDE TO MARCH FOR PEACE IN CHICAGO DURING ITS ANNUAL “PRAYER ON THE 9” DEMONSTRATION
- May is Motorcycle Awareness Month
- Small Business Owners – Catalysts for Economic Growth
- MGM+ Announces a Greenlight for the Docuseries ‘Hollywood Black’
- ALICIA KEYS RE-IMAGINES HER ICONIC SONG ‘IF I AIN’T GOT YOU’
- 59FIFTY Day Celebrates Global Influence of New Era's Iconic Cap
- New Jewelry Brand, ZAM Jewelry, Telling People To "Shut Up"
- Bally's Names Marcus Glover Executive Vice President And Chief Financial Officer And Appoints Jaymin B. Patel As Vice Chairman