DIVERSITY EQUITY AND INCLUSION THOUGHT LEADER TALKS ABOUT ‘WHAT’S THE DEIL’
Firm and co-host of “What’s the DEIL” podcast.
layers of her identity, with her dad going to church and her
mother going to Synagogue. She knew she wanted to be
very involved in learning about different governments and
cultures. In college, she studied International Relations.
& Mindfulness Coach at The Norfus Firm, are the hosts of the “What’s the DEIL” podcast. DEIL stands for Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Leadership. The podcast was launched because data showed that the projects they engaged in were going to be made or broken by senior leader involvement. What they were running into were leaders who were unsure of what they were supposed to be doing when it came to DEI. They were scared to say or do the wrong things, so they ended up doing nothing.
those senior leaders about what their role is in this work,
and it doesn’t require them to know every single thing there
is to know. That it’s important to be OK with making mistakes;
it’s how you recover from the mistakes,” she said, adding that
the podcast also covers what leaders should be doing on a
daily basis without needing to be told to do it.
leaders are facing and giving them ways to think about those
issues, how to handle the issues and how to move forward. Norfus hopes people will get confidence to seek the skills it takes to do DEI work from listening to the podcast. She also hopes they will hear something that triggers that confidence.
and strong people practices so that everyone feels they belong, they feel valued, and they know what it takes to be successful. “The goal is to get these leaders in a place where they’re seeing there are inequities, there are people who aren’t given a fair shot and what is my role in trying to rectify that,” she added.
com.orfus Firm, visit thenorfusfirm.com.
- Biden-Harris Administration Announces $93 Million in Grants to Support Research and Development at HBCUs, TCCUs and MSIs, and Postsecondary Completion for Underserved Students
- New state funding is now available to help build out Illinois’ food infrastructure, with the hope of getting more local food out in more markets.
- Rainbow PUSH Global Automotive Summit 2023 scores high marks for the automotive industry
- IT’S “A MIRACLE ON 31stSTREET”
- Rep. Jackson Introduces Bipartisan Bill, The Marshall “Major” Taylor Congressional Gold Medal Act
- 𝐀𝐫𝐭 𝐯𝐬 𝐕𝐢𝐨𝐥𝐞𝐧𝐜𝐞 𝐨𝐧 𝐂𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐚𝐠𝐨’𝐬 𝐅𝐨𝐫𝐠𝐨𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐧 𝐖𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐬𝐢𝐝𝐞
- JOINT CONGRESSIONAL RACIAL EQUITY BRIEFING EMPHASIZED THE NEED FOR POLICY CHANGES AND UNITY IN SEEKING TO ENACT IMPACTFUL SYSTEMIC REFORMS
- Great Lakes Credit Union Collects 815 Winter Apparel Items for Children and Families in Need
- Biden-Harris Administration Prepares for Third Student Debt Relief Negotiation Session
- Hyundai Motor North America's Olabisi Boyle Named a 2023 Automotive News All-Star