City Colleges of Chicago to Host Kwanzaa Celebration at Malcolm X College, Free and Open to the Public
Kwanzaa and for more than 16 years. This year the celebration will begin at 10 a.m. and last until 6 p.m. on Tuesday, Dec. 27. A procession and drum call will be held at noon to begin the program. Event goers will enjoy live performances and shopping all courtesy of local artisans. The public is also sure to enjoy performances by, Najwa Dance Corps and Joan Collasco.
be held on the first floor of Malcolm X College, located at 1900 W Jackson
Street in Chicago. Free garage parking is available in Malcolm X College’s
parking garage which can be accessed from Jackson Street.
Monday-Sunday, Dec. 26 to Jan. 1. It was created by Maulana Karenga and is rooted in the African Harvest festival traditions from various countries. Kwanzaa was first celebrated in 1966 and celebrates the seven principles of Kwanzaa, or Nguzo Saba. These seven principles comprise Kawaida, a Swahili word meaning “common”.
nation, and race.
as to create and speak for ourselves.
our community together and make our brothers’ and sisters’ problems our
problems and to solve them together.
shops, and other businesses and to profit from them together.
can, in order to leave our community more beautiful and beneficial than we inherited it.
our teachers, our leaders, and the righteousness and victory of our struggle.
- Stroke Survivor to Throw Out Ceremonial First Pitch at Cubs Game Tuesday, May 30
- ASSESSOR KAEGI RECEIVES OUTSTANDING COMMUNITY PARTNER AWARD
- PASTOR JOHN HANNAH TO BRING TOGETHER THOUSANDS ON THE SOUTHSIDE TO MARCH FOR PEACE IN CHICAGO DURING ITS ANNUAL “PRAYER ON THE 9” DEMONSTRATION
- May is Motorcycle Awareness Month
- Small Business Owners – Catalysts for Economic Growth
- MGM+ Announces a Greenlight for the Docuseries ‘Hollywood Black’
- ALICIA KEYS RE-IMAGINES HER ICONIC SONG ‘IF I AIN’T GOT YOU’
- 59FIFTY Day Celebrates Global Influence of New Era's Iconic Cap
- New Jewelry Brand, ZAM Jewelry, Telling People To "Shut Up"
- Bally's Names Marcus Glover Executive Vice President And Chief Financial Officer And Appoints Jaymin B. Patel As Vice Chairman