CELEBRITY CHEF BALL DELIVERS 135,000 MEALS FOR SENIORS
with disabilities living in every neighborhood of the city, many of whom live on incomes below the poverty level. The program
began in 1987 delivering 1,218 meals and now, in their 35th anniversary year, serves over 4.7 million meals a year.
other basic needs like medicine to afford food. In response, Meals on Wheels Chicago has expanded its reach by launching a
food pantry called Nourish Chicago Pantry that provides fresh produce, proteins, and other grocery items. Proceeds from Celebrity Chef Ball are used to provide meals and food for the home delivered meals program and Nourish Chicago Pantry.
• Federico Comacchio, Gioia Ristorante
• Jared Wentworth, Moody Tongue
• Andrew Zimmerman, Sepia / Proxi
• Fabio Viviani, Siena Tavern / Bar Siena
• Chris Pandel, Swift & Sons
says Elise Geiger, Executive Director. “For over three decades, Celebrity Chef Ball has raised millions of dollars for our organization. Chefs giving back to their community and inspiring others to do the same is what is truly special about this event, and we can’t wait for next year!” Next year ’s Celebrity Chef Ball will be held on Friday, October 20, 2023 at The Geraghty (2520 S Hoyne Ave).
Law Group LLC, Open Kitchens, University Retina, Cecily George Photography, Paramount Events, Goose Island, Kehoe
Designs, The Geraghty, Black Oak Technical Productions, Loquacious Culinary Events, Chicago Magazine, Time Out,
WBEZ Chicago, VIP Valet, Uncommon Threads, and Midwest Care Management Services.
and barriers to achieving independence are eliminated. Our goal is to support programs that offer individuals a choice in their care and living arrangement, despite age, income, or ability level. We aim to relieve some of the financial hardship caused by social and economic injustices that exist in our society. Meals on Wheels Chicago has raised both private funds and awareness to accomplish our mission to ensure that both homebound seniors and individuals with disabilities benefit from programs that improve quality of life and maximize independence. Each year the home meal delivery program serves over 4.7 million meals to seniors living in Chicago, and in 2022 Meals on Wheels Chicago is celebrating 35 years of serving our community.
- BURRELL COMMUNICATIONS GROUP TAKES HOME 2023 AAF 'MOSAIC CHAMPION OF THE YEAR' MULTICULTURAL ADVERTISING AWARD
- Firstline Brands Launches Satin Sleep Collection in Partnership with Karma's World Entertainment
- MICHELLE SNEED LAUNCHES A FEW GOOD WOMEN PRODUCTIONS
- Good Scent Oils expanding its brand
- These tax tips can make filing (1040) EZ
- Hyde Park Hospitality Joins Phillips Concessions to Bring New Chick-fil-A to O’Hare International Airport
- BRONZEVILLE STUDENT SAMAYA A. NAMED UNION LEAGUE BOYS & GIRLS CLUBS 2023 YOUTH OF THE YEAR
- Gov. Pritzker Announces New Behavioral Health Workforce Education Center
- Flowers Bill Would Raise Compensation for Wrongfully Convicted Illinoisans
- Education Department Announces Use of Secret Shopping to Protect Students, Crack Down on Institutions that Lure Students with Lies