South Shores Works Presents Its 5th Annual Community Summit SHORE YOU’RE RIGHT!
SHORE YOU’RE RIGHT!
at Adam Clayton Powell School. The summit, as in previous years, is convening to strategize and plan tactics to address years of disinvestment and destructive public policy. South Shore residents are aggressively fighting to elevate and revitalize their community, while seeking development that will not result in the displacement of current residents.
‘SHORE YOU’RE RIGHT,’ is South Shore Works, leadership effort to close the gaping dichotomy between being a beautiful lakeside community; plagued by the highest number of evictions in the city, the largest percentage of Section 8 housing and ranking among the top six most
crime-ridden neighborhoods in Chicago. That circumstance stands in stark contrast to South Shore being a community that boasts three yacht clubs, two golf courses three beaches and proximity to the Obama Presidential
Center, currently under construction.
According to Dr. Carol Adams, Founder and Co-Chair of South Shore Works. “Residents and organizations in South Shore have been meeting and planning toimplement a future, which transforms our beautiful lakefront community from one characterized by disinvestment and neglect into a
revitalized and prosperous neighborhood, economically, socially and
Trice, CEO of the of the South Shore Chamber of Commerce;
will include panelists Leon Walker, of DL Realty and developer of
the THRIVE project at 75th Street and Exchange, Avenue; Alisa
Starks, developer of the ICE cinema theaters at 71st and Jeffery
Boulevard; and Tammi Davis, Manager of Supplier and Workforce
Diversity for the Obama Presidential Center.
food fruit trays; and Chicago Family Health Center as part of the
Healthy Chicago Equity Zone: Near South Region is providing
vaccinations on site.
- Celebrating the musician in everyone, Make Music Chicago presents its thirteenth year of public musicmaking in the Windy City
- RICH TOWNSHIP NOW PREPARING FOR INCREASED FOOD PANTRY TRAFFIC FOLLOWING REPORT OF 1.9 MILLION RESIDENTS CUTS FROM FOOD ASSISTANCE PROGRAMS IN ILLINOIS
- COMCAST OFFERS CHICAGOLAND XFINITY CUSTOMERS NOW TV: A $20 ENTERTAINMENT OPTION WITH 60+ STREAMING AND FAST CHANNELS, PLUS PEACOCK PREMIUM
- As Chicago Public Schools Lets Out for Summer; 10,000 Chicago Teens to Participate In Paid Summer Internships, Apprenticeships
- BLACK GIRLS ROCK!® Creator Beverly Bond Introduces BLACK GIRLS BOND®
- The Pattis Family Foundation and the Newberry Library Announce 2023 Chicago Book Award Recipient
- Geoffrey Good’s Hex Collection Explores the Beauty of Sacred Geometry
- Lupus Awareness Campaign Empowers Black/African American and Hispanic/Latina Women to Stop Ignoring Symptoms That Could Be Lupus-Related
- UNCF Launches Expansion of Center for Innovation and Entrepreneurship to Help HBCU Students Pursue Business Ownership
- 3rd Annual Cook County Juneteenth Illinois Celebration to Be Held June 16th & 17th