Chicago Botanic Garden Celebrates 50th Birthday
has experienced extraordinary growth over the last five decades and it is marking its 50th birthday in 2022 with Flourish: The Garden at 50. Starting Friday, May 13, and running through Sunday, Sept. 25, members, visitors, and program participants
are invited to celebrate 50 years of the Garden connecting people to the natural world.
community garden and farm sites in Chicago and Lake County, and dozens of conservation and restoration research sites around the country,” said Jean Franczyk, the Garden’s president and chief executive officer. “We are thankful to all who have shown up for nature, supported our conservation mission, and inspired us to keep imagining a future where people and planet thrive.”
national, and international artists have been created specifically for the Glencoe campus and Windy City Harvest’s Farm on Ogden, connecting people with nature in new ways. Splashes of gold-hued plants have been incorporated into the seasonal designs of the display gardens. Additionally, attendees will be invited to engage with interactive stories taking them back in time and transporting them to an imagined future for the Garden
and pop-up events that will surprise and delight.
said Jodi Zombolo, associate vice president of Visitor Events and Programs. “We are excited for everyone to join our joyous birthday celebration.”
flourish for more information.
featuring 28 distinct gardens and four natural areas. With events, programs, and activities for all ages, the Garden is open every day of the year. Located at 1000 Lake Cook Road in Glencoe, IL, the Garden is smoke free. Opened to the public in 1972, the Garden is managed by the Chicago Horticultural Society,
accredited by the American Association of Museums, and a member of the American Public Gardens Association (APGA).
- COOK COUNTY COMMISSIONER DENNIS DEER GATHERS NUMEROUS ELECTED OFFICIALS AND WESTSIDE MENTAL HEALTH PROVIDERS IN ANNOUNCING EXPANSION OF MENTAL HEALTH SERVICES
- 3rd ANNUAL CHICAGO LEARNING DAYS, CHICAGO'S PREMIER CITYWIDE LEARNING FESTIVAL RETURNS MAY 19 - 22.
- President Preckwinkle Announces Cook County Promise Guaranteed Income Pilot
- 7th Congressional District Candidate has been on frontlines and in the trenches
- 21c MUSEUM HOTEL CHICAGO HOSTS JAZZ AND SPOKEN WORD POETRY EVENT
- Rep. Kelly Visits Kankakee County Farm with President Biden
- CONTINUING THE LEGACY! TODD MCDONALD NAMED PRESIDENT OF LIBERTY BANK AND TRUST
- South Shores Works Presents Its 5th Annual Community Summit SHORE YOU’RE RIGHT!
- ‘Finding Happy’ highlights Bounce’s upcoming originals slate
- Organization looks at ways to increase racial equity in healthcare