Sistas Who Succeed Profile - TANYA MARIE MCLENDON
Women Grow Strong and Black PR Wire have collaborated to produce a series of media highlights to honor and recognize “Sistas Who Succeed!” Today, we are featuring Fashion Goddess and Designer, TANYA MARIE, CEO
of Tanya Marie Design.
style brand with bright, happy., indigenous fabrics. This free-spirited brand is the love and passion of celebrity designer, Tanya Marie Mclendon. Jamaican born Miami native, she has always had a passion for unique Avant Garde designs. As a child she watched her mother buy beautiful dresses,
cut a slit up the side and say “I’m ready to go”. Free hand with a pair of scissors, creating her own fabulous versions of whatever her heart desired, the designer gene was passed down to Tanya Marie.
Cavalli gown that was not getting the clients attention it deserved, so she would add her own flair, cut it up and taking it back on the sales floor. Immediately, those items became the boutiques’ most desired items. There began her passionate love affair with design; instinctively and effortlessly Tanya Marie hand sew intricate details to create
her own magical items from scratch, gaining the admiration and cult following from socialites and celebrities alike. Tanya Marie found her divine purpose, never forgetting that clothes are to fit the woman, not the other way around.
Coconut Grove, Biscayne and Merrick Park mall across from
Gucci, today she’s operating out of her Fort Lauderdale House of TM showroom as well as hosting her
virtual show “TM Shopping Network” on Instagram @ “Tanyamariethedesigner” 7pm Thursdays, you can experience her design imagination in person through
her choice in rich, colorful fabrics and textures. She regularly travels to culturally rich fabric hot spots all over the world for fabrics and craftmanship to create hand-made enchanting, flowing, one-of-a-kind design art pieces which are custom
tailored to flatter and honor every woman. She calls it “Fashion Freedom!!”
upcoming YouTube show “The Thrifting Trillionaire” which will show her love of creating masterpieces out of landfill and forgotten items. as she travels the world one of her goals is creating employment in regions from across the Caribbean and Africa. Her non-profit “Teach a Girl to Sew” teaches
women and girls how to be a boss. She believes in giving back to her community; she also provides couture and collection pieces for benefits and charities throughout the year, as well as school supply and food drives.
ethnicity and sizes, we introduce our online shopping experience. Provide us measurements, ideas and upcoming events- you too can now experience your own custom experience, from anywhere, anytime.
- ILLINOIS FARM BUREAU AND ILLINOIS PRESS FOUNDATION AWARD GRANTS TO 16 HIGH SCHOOL JOURNALISM PROGRAMS
- HAVAS CHICAGO HIGHLIGHTS THE CAREER JOURNEYS OF BLACK CREATIVES IN “JUST LIKE ME” DOCUMENTARY
- LEGOLAND® NEW YORK RESORT GIVES AWAY “90 SURPRISES PER WEEK” TO CELEBRATE THE 90TH ANNIVERSARY OF THE LEGO® GROUP!
- Kua Designs Pops-Up Across America
- HOUSE OF FIRST PARTNERS WITH THE PAINTED HOUSE ON NEW NFT PROJECT “BLACK IS BEAUTIFUL”
- MCA CHICAGO ANNOUNCES NEW EXHIBITION FEATURING CHICAGO-BASED ARTIST GREGORY BAE
- ROSELAND MEDICAL DISTRICT PLAN APPROVAL EXPECTED
- Bridging the Opportunity Gap: Connecting Black and Latinx Students to Careers in Finance
- Bambee provides human resource assistance for small businesses
- Rep. Kelly Applauds Senate Gun Violence Prevention Framework