UMe Reissues Five Classic Uptown Records Albums
-- Celebrating one of the most storied labels in R&B and hiphop,
Universal Music Enterprises reissues a suite of five classics from Uptown Records available now. The label proudly presents the definitive versions of these albums with unreleased tracks, remixes, and more. Guy’s The Future (Expanded Edition), Heavy D & The Boyz’s Big Tyme (Expanded Edition),
Jodeci’s Forever My Lady, Jodeci’s Diary of a Mad Band (Expanded Edition), and Christopher Williams’s Changes (Expanded Edition) are available to listen to.
New York R&B phenomenon Guy—Teddy Riley, Aaron Hall, and Damion Hall—shined on their second full-length offering, The
Future. After landing on November 13, 1990, it captured #1 on the Billboard R&B Albums Chart and scaled the Top 20 of the Top 200. It eventually went platinum and spawned the smash “Let’s Chill,” cracking the Billboard Hot 100 as well as ascending to #10 on the Hot Dance Single Sales Chart and #3 on the R&B/Hip-Hop Singles Chart. Meanwhile, “D-O-G Me Out” reached #8 on the Billboard US Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Singles and
Tracks and #15 on the US Hot Dance Music/Maxi-Singles
Sales chart. The Expanded Edition boasts a staggering
20 new tracks.
Expanded Edition touts 7 additional tracks.
Jodeci. Uptown Records unveiled the record just before Christmas 1993 on December 21, and it gifted the world the historic first appearances from Timbaland, Missy Elliott, and Sista, while Redman also pulled up for a feature. Diary of a Mad Band notably marked the group’s second #1 on the R&B Album Chart. Plus, it would be highlighted by the #1 R&B smash “Cry For You,” #2 “Feenin’,” and Top 15 “What About Us.” Not to mention, “My Heart Belongs To U” charted for 20 weeks on the
Billboard R&B/Hip-Hop Airplay Chart. It became quadruple-platinum in the United States, moving 6 million units worldwide. The Expanded Edition completes the vision with 15 extra tracks.
Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Singles and Tracks chart at #7. The Expanded Edition features 11 more tracks!
- ILLINOIS FARM BUREAU AND ILLINOIS PRESS FOUNDATION AWARD GRANTS TO 16 HIGH SCHOOL JOURNALISM PROGRAMS
- HAVAS CHICAGO HIGHLIGHTS THE CAREER JOURNEYS OF BLACK CREATIVES IN “JUST LIKE ME” DOCUMENTARY
- LEGOLAND® NEW YORK RESORT GIVES AWAY “90 SURPRISES PER WEEK” TO CELEBRATE THE 90TH ANNIVERSARY OF THE LEGO® GROUP!
- Kua Designs Pops-Up Across America
- HOUSE OF FIRST PARTNERS WITH THE PAINTED HOUSE ON NEW NFT PROJECT “BLACK IS BEAUTIFUL”
- MCA CHICAGO ANNOUNCES NEW EXHIBITION FEATURING CHICAGO-BASED ARTIST GREGORY BAE
- ROSELAND MEDICAL DISTRICT PLAN APPROVAL EXPECTED
- Bridging the Opportunity Gap: Connecting Black and Latinx Students to Careers in Finance
- Bambee provides human resource assistance for small businesses
- Rep. Kelly Applauds Senate Gun Violence Prevention Framework