Rep. Kelly Applauds Senate Gun Violence Prevention Framework
federal firearms dealers to run background checks on customers.
Investment in child and family mental health services. These major investments will increase access to mental health and suicide prevention programs and other support services such as crisis and trauma intervention and recovery.
Protections for victims of domestic violence. Convicted domestic violence abusers and individuals subject to domestic violence restraining orders are included in the National Instant Criminal Background Check System (NICS).
Funding for school-based mental health services. This bill invests in programs to expand mental health and supportive services in schools, including early identification and intervention programs and school-based mental health and wrap-around services.
Funding for school safety resources. The package invests in programs to help institute safety measures in and around primary and secondary schools, support school violence prevention efforts and provide training to school personnel and students.
Clarification of the definition of Federally Licensed Firearms dealers, and cracks down on criminals who illegally evade licensing requirements.
Telehealth investments. The bill invests in programs that increase access to mental and behavioral health services for youth and families in crisis via telehealth.
An enhanced review process for buyers under 21. For buyers under 21, this bill would require an investigative period to review juvenile and mental health records, including checks with state databases and local law enforcement.
- ILLINOIS FARM BUREAU AND ILLINOIS PRESS FOUNDATION AWARD GRANTS TO 16 HIGH SCHOOL JOURNALISM PROGRAMS
- HAVAS CHICAGO HIGHLIGHTS THE CAREER JOURNEYS OF BLACK CREATIVES IN “JUST LIKE ME” DOCUMENTARY
- LEGOLAND® NEW YORK RESORT GIVES AWAY “90 SURPRISES PER WEEK” TO CELEBRATE THE 90TH ANNIVERSARY OF THE LEGO® GROUP!
- Kua Designs Pops-Up Across America
- HOUSE OF FIRST PARTNERS WITH THE PAINTED HOUSE ON NEW NFT PROJECT “BLACK IS BEAUTIFUL”
- MCA CHICAGO ANNOUNCES NEW EXHIBITION FEATURING CHICAGO-BASED ARTIST GREGORY BAE
- ROSELAND MEDICAL DISTRICT PLAN APPROVAL EXPECTED
- Bridging the Opportunity Gap: Connecting Black and Latinx Students to Careers in Finance
- Bambee provides human resource assistance for small businesses
- Rep. Kelly Applauds Senate Gun Violence Prevention Framework