Kua Designs Pops-Up Across America
Kua Designs is the brainchild of Creative Director Ruby Buah, formerly a Financial Analyst for Coca-Cola in Atlanta, Georgia, who began seeking a creative outlet and started exploring different forms of art in her spare time. She explored jewelry-making, and within three years it went from being a hobby to a part-time jewelry making business.
Ruby made the leap and moved to New York, earning a degree in Jewelry Design at the prestigious Fashion Institute of Technology.
To no surprise, she built on her jewelry line by adding an equally exciting handbag line. A few years later she returned to the city of Accra to open and operate her own chic boutique and start a family. Kua Designs is named fondly after Ruby’s mother and represents the
acronym “Keeping Us Authentic.”
my brand for years and I look forward to meeting new ones. It is my pleasure to share a bit of my culture with you through my designs” Ruby Buah adds about bringing her limited collection to the U.S.
bags that were born out of the joy of being able to re-purpose and create something beautiful out of everyday African print fabrics. For years these fabrics were principally used to make traditional clothing worn by Ghanaian mothers and grandmothers. Ruby also looks
forward to showcasing and selling her jewelry collection created to support her philanthropic division Kua Cares, an initiative that trains and employs visually impaired women in jewelry-making.
Saturday, June 25th | 2 PM - 5 PM
The Bakery CoWork, 1500 Southland Circle NW,
Suite H, Atlanta GA, 30318
Saturday, July 9th | 2 PM - 5 PM
The Dollhouse Boutique, 315 E 8th Street, Los Angeles,
Saturday, July 23rd | 1 PM - 4 PM
Ipade, 1700 Connecticut Avenue NW, Suite 400,
Washington, D.C., 20009
New York City
- COVID-19 Was 'Bloody Sunday' for America's Racial Health Disparities, Yet, There is Little Progress
- EagleRider Guide Embarks on Historic 66th Ride on Route 66
- Learn How to Clear Your Cannabis Record for Free at WVON Family Care Expo
- WORLD RENOWNED AVIATION EXPERT SAYS THE SOUTH SUBURBAN AIRPORT WOULD BE A
- HEALTH EXPERTS AND ADVOCATES TO HOLD URGENT PANEL DISCUSSION ON THE IMPORTANCE OF KIDNEY AND TISSUE DONATIONS AS POLITICAL LEADERS SEEK DONOR FOR POPULAR FEMALE POLITICAL PIONEER
- The Executive Leadership Council to Honor Mellody Hobson, Co-CEO and President of Ariel Investments and Chair of Ariel Investment Trust, with 2023 ELC Achievement Award
- Hallmark Mahogany Announces its First-ever, Curated Brand experience, Mahogany Moment on October 1 with Headliner Tabitha Brown
- The Christopher & Dana Reeve Foundation Launches 'Outdoors for Everyone'
- KEITH WEAVER MOVES ON FROM SONY PICTURES ENTERTAINMENT TO FOCUS ON REAL ESTATE AND HOSPITALITY EMPIRES
- MIELLE LAUNCHES FIRST AD CAMPAIGN 'FROM ONE QUEEN TO ANOTHER,' DISMANTLING BEAUTY SECRET 'GATEKEEPING,' AND FORGING SISTERHOOD THROUGH AWARD-WINNING TEXTURED HAIR PRODUCTS