THE CATS ARE OUT OF THE BAG!
announced that individual tickets for a limited
engagement of CATSare available now. Ticket
prices range from $30 - $95 with a select
number of premium tickets available for all
performances. CATS will play at Broadway In
Chicago’s James M. Nederlander Theater (24
W. Randolph St.) from February 21 through
February 26, 2023. Individual tickets are
available at www.BroadwayInChicago.com.
Tickets are available now for groups of 10 or
more by calling Broadway In Chicago Group
Sales at (312) 977-1710 or emailing Group-
Composed by Andrew Lloyd Webber
and based on T.S. Eliot’s Old Possum’s Book
of Practical Cats, the record-breaking musical
spectacular has captivated audiences in over
30 countries and 15 languages, and is now on
tour across North America! Featuring new
sound design, direction and choreography for
a new generation — experience CATS for the
first time as it begins a new life, or let it thril l
you all over again!
The creative team for the new production
of CATS includes John Napier (Scenic
& Costume Design), Natasha Katz (Lighting
Design), Mick Potter (Sound Design), choreography
by Andy Blankenbuehler, based on
the original choreography by Gillian Lynne,
and direction by Trevor Nunn. Kim Craven is
the associate choreographer and Chrissie Cartwright
is the associate director/choreographer.
Since its world premiere, CATS has been
seen by more than 75 million people worldwide.
Originally directed by Trevor Nunn
with choreography and associate direction
by Gillian Lynne, scenic and costume design
by John Napier, lighting design by David
Hersey, and sound design by Abe Jacob,
CATS opened in London’s West End in 1981.
The original Broadway production
opened in 1982 at Broadway’s Winter Garden
Theatre, where it ran for 7,485 performances
and 18 years. CATS was originally
produced on Broadway by Cameron Mackintosh,
The Really Useful Company Limited,
David Geffen, and The Shubert Organization.
The Tony Award-winning Best Musical held
the title of longest-running musical in Broadway
history until it was surpassed in 2006 by
Lloyd Webber’s The Phantom of the Opera.
The original Broadway production closed
on September 10, 2000 and is currently the
fourth longest-running show in Broadway
CATS returned to Broadway in July
2016 in a stunning revival at the Neil Simon
Theatre, where it ran through December 2017.
The 2021/2022 tour of CATS is licensed
by The Really Useful Group and produced by
For more information and a complete
tour route, please visit CatsTheMusical.com
- Gale V. King Named Chair of The Executive Leadership Council
- Founders First CDC Non-Profit To Award $100,000 In Grants For Third Year To Support Illinois Businesses
- Macy’s Honors Black Stories and Creators in Celebration of Black History Month
- MEN'S WEARHOUSE AND MICHAEL STRAHAN™ LAUNCH CUSTOM SUITING PROGRAM
- 2 Chainz to Headline 2023 Honda Battle of the Bands Halftime Show
- OLISAE IS HERE TO BE NIGERIA’S NEXT WAVE OF AFROBEATS ARTIST
- Michelle A. Albert, MD, MPH, Featured in TIME Magazine Special Issue on ‘The Future of Medicine’
- Licensed Family Therapist Releases Debut Book "INTO-ME-SEE" to Explore Black Love, Mental Health, and Families
- Xavier University of Louisiana and Ochsner Health Partner to Create College of Medicine
- ‘A Wonderful World’ Coming to Chicago