Fresenius Medical Care Appoints Dr. Amaka Eneanya as Head of Strategy and Operations for Company’s Global Medical Office
Head of Strategy and Operations for Company’s Global Medical Office
the Nephrology Division. At Fresenius Medical Care she will report directly to the Global Chief Medical Officer and serve on the Global Medical Office Executive Leadership Team.
Officer of Fresenius Medical Care.
along with Dr. Eneanya’s extensive scientific advocacy, helped spark a national conversation in the U.S. about removing race from the kidney function algorithm.
The American Society of Nephrology and the National Kidney Foundation subsequently created a joint task force to reassess the inclusion of race in eGFR and its implications for the diagnosis and management of kidney disease patients. The
task force, on which Dr. Eneanya served, recently recommended the immediate adoption of a new, racefree eGFR equation.
Institutes of Health and the American Society of Nephrology. She
has received numerous accolades including the Radhika Srinivasan Award for Humanism & Professionalism in Medicine from the University of Pennsylvania last year. In 2020, she was
recognized as a “40 under 40 Leader in Minority Health” by
the National Minority Quality Forum.
Eneanya completed her residency in internal medicine at
Brigham and Women’s Hospital in Boston and nephrology
training at the combined Nephrology Fellowship Program
at Massachusetts General Hospital/Brigham and Women’s
Hospital. She holds an undergraduate degree from Cornell
University, a medical degree from Meharry Medical College,
and a master’s degree in public health from the Harvard T.H.
Chan School of Public Health.
undergo dialysis treatment.
Medical Care is listed on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange
(FME) and on the New York Stock Exchange (FMS).
- ILLINOIS FARM BUREAU AND ILLINOIS PRESS FOUNDATION AWARD GRANTS TO 16 HIGH SCHOOL JOURNALISM PROGRAMS
- HAVAS CHICAGO HIGHLIGHTS THE CAREER JOURNEYS OF BLACK CREATIVES IN “JUST LIKE ME” DOCUMENTARY
- LEGOLAND® NEW YORK RESORT GIVES AWAY “90 SURPRISES PER WEEK” TO CELEBRATE THE 90TH ANNIVERSARY OF THE LEGO® GROUP!
- Kua Designs Pops-Up Across America
- HOUSE OF FIRST PARTNERS WITH THE PAINTED HOUSE ON NEW NFT PROJECT “BLACK IS BEAUTIFUL”
- MCA CHICAGO ANNOUNCES NEW EXHIBITION FEATURING CHICAGO-BASED ARTIST GREGORY BAE
- ROSELAND MEDICAL DISTRICT PLAN APPROVAL EXPECTED
- Bridging the Opportunity Gap: Connecting Black and Latinx Students to Careers in Finance
- Bambee provides human resource assistance for small businesses
- Rep. Kelly Applauds Senate Gun Violence Prevention Framework