National Museum of African American History and Culture Celebrates Fifth Anniversary
history. After operating virtually for 10 years, the museum opened on the National Mall Sept. 24, 2016.
an art exhibition exploring the Black Lives Matter movement, violence against African Americans and how art depicts Black resilience. Also this fall, the museum will open an exhibition exploring the Reconstruction era; a virtual museum initiative,
called Searchable Museum; and offer online and in-person programming to engage people around the world in African American history and culture.
and our mission—and inspires many of our efforts this year. Connecting the past to the present and the future is a hallmark of our work.”
604 million impressions and gained more than 630,00 followers.
The Oprah Winfrey Show helped shape American culture. It has hosted more than 250 public programs and is actively collecting items to document the history of the contemporary
social justice movement.
pursuing our mission, we honor the community whose strength
and perseverance gave birth to the world’s largest institution dedicated to preserving and exploring African American history and culture.”
will feature 175 objects, 200 photographs, 15 audio, video and interactive programs, and a companion book. The exhibition will explore the deep divisions and clashing visions about how to rebuild the nation after slavery. It will connect that era to today’s efforts to make good on the promises of the Constitution.
the Washington Monument on the National Mall in Washington, D.C., the nearly 400,000-square-foot museum
is the nation’s largest and most comprehensive cultural destination devoted exclusively to exploring, documenting and showcasing the African American story and its impact on American and world history.
- Assessor’s Office Refunds $15 Million To Cook County Neighborhoods
- Biden-Harris Administration Takes Actions to Support Students’ Basic Needs and Mitigate the Spread of COVID-19 at Colleges and Universities
- THE DIVERSITY ORG ORGANIZATION LEVERAGES SUPPORT TO EXPOSE STUDENTS TO CAREERS
- OSF Ventures launches third and largest venture capital fund
- Scripps Promotes Content Strategist Marcus Riley
- Froliage Is Redefining Black Hair Care
- Mayweather Boxing + Fitness Goes Global
- YOUNG PROFESSIONAL BLACK BULL RIDER COMPETES AT TOP LEVEL
- Urban Autism Solutions receives $20,000 grant from the Albert Pick, Jr. Fund
- Cook County Treasurer Maria Pappas changes 2022 Scavenger Sale to benefit bidders and communities