GRAMMY-AWARD WINNING ARTIST LECRAE PARTNERS WITH EXPERIAN NORTH AMERICA TO TALK ABOUT THE BASICS OF FINANCIAL HEALTH
GRAMMY-AWARD WINNING ARTIST LECRAE
PARTNERS WITH EXPERIAN NORTH AMERICA TO TALK ABOUT THE BASICS OF FINANCIAL HEALTH
The “Protect The Bag” Web-Series Will Take You From FOMO to Legacy Building
ATLANTA, Ga. (August 31, 2021)– Grammy Award-winning recording artist, Lecrae, has partnered with Experian North America, a leading information services company, to present, “Protect The Bag,” a six-part web series, that provides viewers with a blueprint for building a financial legacy.
The video series produced by Lecrae’s production company, 3 Strand Films, premieres Fall 2021, and guides audiences through the ins and outs of financial health. Through short sketches and the help of some high-profile special guests, Lecrae will break down the basics of financial literacy and credit education to help viewers understand how to balance their financial needs of today, with those of tomorrow.
“I am on a mission to spread the word on financial education because I wasn’t educated about money and didn’t know about budgeting,” Lecrae explained. “I didn’t know to think about the cost of things or what to pay off first because I just didn’t have a strategy.” He believes that through his unique vision, partnered with Experian’s expertise, the message of financial health and inclusion will be embraced.
Each episode will cover a key point of building a financial legacy starting with understanding money and utilizing checking and savings accounts. Other topics include budgeting, saving, protecting one’s identity, debt, and investing.
This partnership is part of Experian’s United for Financial Health, a global financial recovery initiative that helps educate and empower vulnerable consumers around their finances and minority business owners around financial health. Under this program, Lecrae previously supported the Home Preservation Grant, an Experian partnership with the NAACP to provide mortgage relief to homeowners negatively impacted by COVID-19.
“Credit education isn’t always taught in homes and schools. In fact, a recent Experian survey shows almost one in three (30%) of young adults wish they learned how to build credit or improve their credit scores before entering adulthood,” said Wil Lewis, chief diversity, equity and inclusion officer for Experian. “We’re excited to partner with Lecrae for ’Protect The Bag’ and see this as an innovative way to reach young consumers so they can start their financial health journey on the right foot.”
Protect The Bag will premiere on Lecrae’s YouTube channel and social media platforms.
- Jesse White Awards Over $530,000 Project Next Generation Grants
- INVESTORS TAKE NOTE: DL3 REALTY’S SALE OF THE NEWLY-DELIVERED AND REDEVELOPED BLUE CROSS BLUE SHIELD MULTIPURPOSE SOLUTION CENTER IS BOTH PROFITABLE AND SOCIALLY RELEVANT
- Clerk’s Office restores key online functions
- Pastor John Hannah and New Life Covenant Church SE Host 3-Day Grand Opening Celebration for New Temple Church Major Revitalization Project in Greater Grand Crossing Community Opens!
- WarnerMedia Celebrates National HBCU Week
- Walgreens Mobile Clinic Administers COVID-19 and Flu Vaccines at HBCU Events
- Crown Royal Regal Apple And Harlem’s Fashion Row Support Designers Of Color
- Dr. Ian Smith partners with National Minority Health
- Pepsi® Brings Jalen Hurts Into Fans’ Kitchens
- The LUV Institute Displays Parade Of Hearts