Black Women and Girl Athletes Take Center Stage
Pepper Persley and former USTA President Katrina Adams
just a few athletes and influencers to be featured; Sports
Illustrated and Cadillac to partner with ONYX Media
LLC announced today the official launch of EMPOWER ONYX, a diverse multi-channel platform celebrating the stories and transformative power of sports for Black women and girls. The minority women owned media company aims to inspire young
black women through in-depth profiles, articles, podcasts and documentaries showcasing leaders in sports who champion social justice, equality and self-empowerment.
that will encourage the next generation of Black women and girls.”
stories about Black women making difference in sports, school and the boardroom will reach new audiences across digital and social channels. “Inspiring stories have been at the core of what Sports Illustrated has excelled at since its inception. We’re thrilled to be collaborating with the ONYX team to celebrate and showcase the stories of influential and up-and-coming Black women making a difference across the sports landscape,” said Ryan Hunt, Co- Editor-In-Chief of Sports Illustrated.
big dreams and bold ambitions – through the support of platforms like EMPOWER ONYX, we are taking an important step in advancing equity and representation. We are excited to drive these authentic stories about incredible black women and girls through ONYX Media,” said Melissa Grady, CMO Cadillac.
programs celebrating Black female athletes who have blazed trails and are setting the path for the next generation.
One of the programs, presented by Cadillac, “The 100 Influential Black Women in Sports” will highlight the journey taken by female athletes, coaches and executives who share how sports played an integral role in their successes. The other program called “Introducing…” will feature stories about women and girls that are emerging leaders both on and off the field,
putting the spotlight on the next generation of female role models. Content from both programs will appear across all ONYX Media platforms, SI.com and be distributed via the Maven Network and additional media, league and marketing partners.
driven content company focused on raising the visibility of women and girls in sports.
- HUNDREDS TO JOIN MAYOR JADA D. CURRY AND THE VILLAGE OF LYNWOOD FOR THE POPULAR “ANNUAL LYNWOOD FEST”
- MATTESON CONTINUES TO ATTRACT DIVERSE FORMS OF ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT PROJECTS
- The Bronzeville Community Gets An EV Charging Station
- What the Governors’ Meeting means for Illinois Citizens
- Chevy’s New Supercruising Bolt EUV
- Chicago native to perform in Montreal Music Festival
- Dixmoor Mayor Wants to Improve Village’s Infrastructure
- Bronzeville Art Gallery showcases art from the Continent
- Entrepreneur wants to help young girls with entrepreneurship and product development
- Bank of America program provides students with leadership and money education