Black Women and Girl Athletes Take Center Stage
Pepper Persley and former USTA President Katrina Adams
just a few athletes and influencers to be featured; Sports
Illustrated and Cadillac to partner with ONYX Media
LLC announced today the official launch of EMPOWER ONYX, a diverse multi-channel platform celebrating the stories and transformative power of sports for Black women and girls. The minority women owned media company aims to inspire young
black women through in-depth profiles, articles, podcasts and documentaries showcasing leaders in sports who champion social justice, equality and self-empowerment.
that will encourage the next generation of Black women and girls.”
stories about Black women making difference in sports, school and the boardroom will reach new audiences across digital and social channels. “Inspiring stories have been at the core of what Sports Illustrated has excelled at since its inception. We’re thrilled to be collaborating with the ONYX team to celebrate and showcase the stories of influential and up-and-coming Black women making a difference across the sports landscape,” said Ryan Hunt, Co- Editor-In-Chief of Sports Illustrated.
big dreams and bold ambitions – through the support of platforms like EMPOWER ONYX, we are taking an important step in advancing equity and representation. We are excited to drive these authentic stories about incredible black women and girls through ONYX Media,” said Melissa Grady, CMO Cadillac.
programs celebrating Black female athletes who have blazed trails and are setting the path for the next generation.
One of the programs, presented by Cadillac, “The 100 Influential Black Women in Sports” will highlight the journey taken by female athletes, coaches and executives who share how sports played an integral role in their successes. The other program called “Introducing…” will feature stories about women and girls that are emerging leaders both on and off the field,
putting the spotlight on the next generation of female role models. Content from both programs will appear across all ONYX Media platforms, SI.com and be distributed via the Maven Network and additional media, league and marketing partners.
driven content company focused on raising the visibility of women and girls in sports.
- Jesse White Awards Over $530,000 Project Next Generation Grants
- INVESTORS TAKE NOTE: DL3 REALTY’S SALE OF THE NEWLY-DELIVERED AND REDEVELOPED BLUE CROSS BLUE SHIELD MULTIPURPOSE SOLUTION CENTER IS BOTH PROFITABLE AND SOCIALLY RELEVANT
- Clerk’s Office restores key online functions
- Pastor John Hannah and New Life Covenant Church SE Host 3-Day Grand Opening Celebration for New Temple Church Major Revitalization Project in Greater Grand Crossing Community Opens!
- WarnerMedia Celebrates National HBCU Week
- Walgreens Mobile Clinic Administers COVID-19 and Flu Vaccines at HBCU Events
- Crown Royal Regal Apple And Harlem’s Fashion Row Support Designers Of Color
- Dr. Ian Smith partners with National Minority Health
- Pepsi® Brings Jalen Hurts Into Fans’ Kitchens
- The LUV Institute Displays Parade Of Hearts