THE 43RD ANNUAL NBMBAA SET FOR SEPT. 14-18
years ago with a mission to create opportunities for Black people to
advance in their careers and ensure that companies are looking for pipelines for Black talent.
that not everyone takes the conventional way to a career. There are
people who look at entrepreneurship as a career path. The goal of the National Black MBA Association is to help those who matriculate
through college and those who are in a career who want to advance to a higher level, also entrepreneurs who are looking to develop themselves and build their business.
owned businesses are sole proprietors in the sense that they don’t
have any employees. What we want to do is step into that space, and we want to help those individuals grow their business, because we know as Black businesses excel they’ll hire Black people,” Handy said.
an ecosystem where business owners are able to reach back and pull people up with them, it has a generational impact and ensures they are set up for success.
seasoned executives in their career that found their first job or started at that company by way of matching or getting that job at the conference,” Handy said.
available from the organization, scholarships it provides, and have the opportunity to hear from speakers.
people were getting looked at for job advancement. He added, in many cases Black people haven’t been in a position where they could advance, something that was prevalent 51 years and still is today.
beyond the hashtag, after the tragic events of last year. Now, the organization needs to make sure those companies show the commitment to Black people they purported to have. Given the buying power of Black people, it is incumbent to make those companies fulfill their commitment. When it comes to what companies can do to improve, Handy said, they should do what they say and be authentic.
show it not only in a media schpeel, show it by the actions and
elevation within your company,” he said.
- Jesse White Awards Over $530,000 Project Next Generation Grants
- INVESTORS TAKE NOTE: DL3 REALTY’S SALE OF THE NEWLY-DELIVERED AND REDEVELOPED BLUE CROSS BLUE SHIELD MULTIPURPOSE SOLUTION CENTER IS BOTH PROFITABLE AND SOCIALLY RELEVANT
- Clerk’s Office restores key online functions
- Pastor John Hannah and New Life Covenant Church SE Host 3-Day Grand Opening Celebration for New Temple Church Major Revitalization Project in Greater Grand Crossing Community Opens!
- WarnerMedia Celebrates National HBCU Week
- Walgreens Mobile Clinic Administers COVID-19 and Flu Vaccines at HBCU Events
- Crown Royal Regal Apple And Harlem’s Fashion Row Support Designers Of Color
- Dr. Ian Smith partners with National Minority Health
- Pepsi® Brings Jalen Hurts Into Fans’ Kitchens
- The LUV Institute Displays Parade Of Hearts