“The Next ‘50s & ‘60s Pop, Soul And Doo-Wop Star” Seeks Talent
The Next ‘50s & ‘60s Pop, Soul and Doo-Wop Star talent search seeks to discover, record and celebrate singers who
can accurately channel the iconic artists of the 1950s and
1960s. “We’re looking for the unknown voices of today who
can recreate the vocal phrasing, musical arrangements and
spirited choreography of the originals,” says Lubinsky.
songs of the past are no longer with us, Lubinsky enthusiastically reflects that this uniquely American form of music still has a huge fan base globally. “At every one of our shows,” he says, “the audience mouths the words as they are brought back to the first time they heard the music. But the 50s and 60s oldies genre in particular is in danger of dying unless a new generation is found to bring the music forward. I’m going to make sure that happens!”
How to Audition
Guidelines for groups and individuals who wish to be
considered for auditions are on the The Next Doo-Wop Star
website: www.doowopstar.com One audition may be submitted
per entity. Deadline for submissions is December 24, 2021.
on public television features historic musical reunions, archival
specials and interviews including hundreds of performers. His
programs span doo-wop to disco, folk to funk, Motown to big
band and country-pop to rock and roll. Highlights include
‘60s Pop, Rock & Soul (hosted by Peter Noone), The British
Beat (hosted by Petula Clark), Burt Bacharach’s Best, Aretha
Franklin’s Soul Rewind, John Sebastian’s Folk Rewind, Close
To You: Remembering The Carpenters and many more.
and jazz that inspired his deep knowledge and passion for
music. He is the third generation of his family in the music
business and is also the Friday night disc-jockey on his mixcloud. com/tjlradio show which streams online worldwide.
- ALPHA PHI ALPHA FRATERNITY, INC. LAUNCHES ‘GIVE AND GO TO FIGHT CANCER’ AWARENESS CAMPAIGN TODAY WITH ESPN AND V FOUNDATION
- 1 MILLION EVS: INSIDE THE STATE’S PLAN FOR ELECTRIFYING THE TRANSPORTATION SECTOR
- The Museum of Science and Industry ushers in the holiday season with tree lighting
- Acorns Money Pie Live comes to Chicago
- Sony Corporation of America Donates $1 Million To NAACP Legal Defense and Educational Fund, Inc.
- Victor George Vodka Owner Awarded $2.4 Million
- Iconic Supermodel Iman Launches First Fragrance, Love Memoir
- Matt Forte distributed Thanksgiving meals to families On The Cities Southside
- ‘Love & Hip-Hop’ Star Karlie Redd Signs Multi-Million Dollar Album Deal
- An Eco-friendly waste facility is coming to Robbins