Leo Burnett Pilots Creative Boot Camp at Chicago State University
In partnership with Marcus Graham Project, creative executives forge a fresh pathway for underrepresented talent; enrolled students secure internships within Publicis Groupe
four-year Predominantly Black Institution for higher education, began summer internships this week across Publicis Groupe, including at Leo Burnett Chicago, Arc Worldwide, and ThePub; and one of their classmates has accepted a full-time position
at Publicis Health Media. The connection is the culmination
of a decades-long partnership, and pro bono work through the Pencil Project, most recently with a boot camp creative curriculum during the Spring semester, with support from MarcusGraham Project.
with recruitment, but retention of diverse talent requires
industry role models.”
lessons from the classroom,” said Dr. Leslie Roundtree, Interim Provost and Vice President of Academic Affairs. “Leo Burnett and the Marcus Graham Project are exemplary partners who are at the cutting edge of providing meaningful learning experiences that translate into paid internship and career opportunities.”
covered the creative process in full, from brief writing to pitching and measuring results.
This project is already resulting in meaningful progress in
expanding equity in the pathway from higher education to
lifelong Chicagoan, proudly supports this critical resource
for students of all ages who may not take the traditional
path into advertising via portfolio school and specialized
training. She and her team were brought into the partnership
originally for brand identity, though her goal is for the students to ultimately lead branding in-house.
she vows, with more updates to come for Fall 2021 and
- Jesse White Awards Over $530,000 Project Next Generation Grants
- INVESTORS TAKE NOTE: DL3 REALTY’S SALE OF THE NEWLY-DELIVERED AND REDEVELOPED BLUE CROSS BLUE SHIELD MULTIPURPOSE SOLUTION CENTER IS BOTH PROFITABLE AND SOCIALLY RELEVANT
- Clerk’s Office restores key online functions
- Pastor John Hannah and New Life Covenant Church SE Host 3-Day Grand Opening Celebration for New Temple Church Major Revitalization Project in Greater Grand Crossing Community Opens!
- WarnerMedia Celebrates National HBCU Week
- Walgreens Mobile Clinic Administers COVID-19 and Flu Vaccines at HBCU Events
- Crown Royal Regal Apple And Harlem’s Fashion Row Support Designers Of Color
- Dr. Ian Smith partners with National Minority Health
- Pepsi® Brings Jalen Hurts Into Fans’ Kitchens
- The LUV Institute Displays Parade Of Hearts