Jennifer Epps to take helm of major fund
With backing from major foundations, AFL-CIO and
SEIU, “LIFT Fund” supports organizations that are
pioneering worker community partnerships
ever-increasing worker inequality, the need to effectively organize and uplift worker voices towards better and safer working conditions has become imperative.
organizing that ultimately lead to greater and sustained prosperity for workers.
as public support for worker organizing increases.
to support a diverse array of innovative organizing projects, as well as to build trusting relationships within the movement. LIFT has been a vital convener that brings together philanthropy,
unions, worker centers and other movement allies; and a
thought partner focused on continuous learning for its
funders and the field overall.
Foundation, JPB Foundation, Mary Reynolds Babcock Foundation, Omidyar Network, Open Society Foundations,
Solidago Foundation, Surdna Foundation, TARA Health Foundation, The Unitarian Universalist Veatch Program at Shelter Rock, and W.K. Kellogg Foundation, as well as leading labor
organizations, including the AFL-CIO and SEIU, LIFT is
working to bring the unity and change that the movement needs.
strategies being developed by organizers across America.
care and education sectors.
organizing and winning for workers to her new role as Executive Director of the LIFT Fund.
Southern Worker Opportunity (SWO) Fund. And I’m eager to help expand the capacity of labor, community and philanthropic organizations in building a future we all want to see,” said Epps.
building power for working people,” said Fred Redmond, Secretary-Treasurer for the AFL-CIO. “As a founding member of the LIFT Fund, this is an exciting moment for the labor movement.
action, this is a moment that represents an opportunity to organize, grow, and build worker power. The LIFT Fund is well positioned to be at the center of this work.”
to have Jennifer Epps at the helm to usher the LIFT Fund into a new era,” said Sarita Gupta, director of the Future of Work(ers) program at the Ford Foundation. Ford is a co-chair of the LIFT Fund and a seed funder for the SWO Fund.
- Assessor’s Office Refunds $15 Million To Cook County Neighborhoods
- Biden-Harris Administration Takes Actions to Support Students’ Basic Needs and Mitigate the Spread of COVID-19 at Colleges and Universities
- THE DIVERSITY ORG ORGANIZATION LEVERAGES SUPPORT TO EXPOSE STUDENTS TO CAREERS
- OSF Ventures launches third and largest venture capital fund
- Scripps Promotes Content Strategist Marcus Riley
- Froliage Is Redefining Black Hair Care
- Mayweather Boxing + Fitness Goes Global
- YOUNG PROFESSIONAL BLACK BULL RIDER COMPETES AT TOP LEVEL
- Urban Autism Solutions receives $20,000 grant from the Albert Pick, Jr. Fund
- Cook County Treasurer Maria Pappas changes 2022 Scavenger Sale to benefit bidders and communities