Café and coworking space provide economic empowerment
Tracy Powell and Nikki Bravo have opened the successful Momentum Coffee & Coworking at Millennium Park located
at 11 N. Michigan. This new location builds upon the business owners’ mission to grow and develop new and emerging businesses in the Black community.
businesses and it offers classes and workshops to youth in technology and entrepreneurship.
14,000 square feet Pilsen location and have smaller locations with a maximum impact on the neighborhoods.
place where they start creating spaces.
programs and meetings in our neighborhoods. Folks were going outside our neighborhoods to have meetings and I felt like if we were going to have a viable community, having spaces in those neighborhoods makes sense,” Powell said.
building businesses. The aim is to accelerate new businesses and start up businesses in that space. There is an afterschool coding
program, in partnership with the Chicago Urban League, as well as a weekend robotics program for the youth.
Technology and Innovation, visit www. ignitetechnology.org.
- Stroke Survivor to Throw Out Ceremonial First Pitch at Cubs Game Tuesday, May 30
- ASSESSOR KAEGI RECEIVES OUTSTANDING COMMUNITY PARTNER AWARD
- PASTOR JOHN HANNAH TO BRING TOGETHER THOUSANDS ON THE SOUTHSIDE TO MARCH FOR PEACE IN CHICAGO DURING ITS ANNUAL “PRAYER ON THE 9” DEMONSTRATION
- May is Motorcycle Awareness Month
- Small Business Owners – Catalysts for Economic Growth
- MGM+ Announces a Greenlight for the Docuseries ‘Hollywood Black’
- ALICIA KEYS RE-IMAGINES HER ICONIC SONG ‘IF I AIN’T GOT YOU’
- 59FIFTY Day Celebrates Global Influence of New Era's Iconic Cap
- New Jewelry Brand, ZAM Jewelry, Telling People To "Shut Up"
- Bally's Names Marcus Glover Executive Vice President And Chief Financial Officer And Appoints Jaymin B. Patel As Vice Chairman