Neighborhood FORWARD Partnered with Fathers Who Care to Help Feed Chicago Families this Thanksgiving
The two organizations, in partnership with Neighborhood FORWARD, worked together to collect funds and food to distribute among families ahead of the Thanksgiving holiday. This year’s efforts helped serve close to 500 families.
“This year has been especially hard to move forward due to COVID-19. It’s extremely difficulty for those who were already struggling before the pandemic,” said Reverend Walter Jones, founder and executive director of Fathers Who Care and chair of Neighborhood FORWARD Chicago. “We are blessed to have celebrated Thanksgiving through our food drives and will continue our work to give back during these hard times.”
Jones says the drive was an opportunity to remind all Chicagoans to give grace to their neighbors who may be struggling to get by.
Fathers Who Care is a vocal advocate for youth, seniors, and those willing to work together for social change and responsible fatherhood involvement. They travel to every corner of the community to help children and families in need.
Learn more about Fathers Who Care and their ongoing acts of kindness. https://fatherswhocare.org/about-us
ABOUT:Neighborhood FORWARD is a national movement built by concerned citizens, faith leaders, civil rights activists, elected officials, business partners, and non-profit organizations throughout the country. Join the movement: https://www.neighborhoodforward.org/.
- Stroke Survivor to Throw Out Ceremonial First Pitch at Cubs Game Tuesday, May 30
- ASSESSOR KAEGI RECEIVES OUTSTANDING COMMUNITY PARTNER AWARD
- PASTOR JOHN HANNAH TO BRING TOGETHER THOUSANDS ON THE SOUTHSIDE TO MARCH FOR PEACE IN CHICAGO DURING ITS ANNUAL “PRAYER ON THE 9” DEMONSTRATION
- May is Motorcycle Awareness Month
- Small Business Owners – Catalysts for Economic Growth
- MGM+ Announces a Greenlight for the Docuseries ‘Hollywood Black’
- ALICIA KEYS RE-IMAGINES HER ICONIC SONG ‘IF I AIN’T GOT YOU’
- 59FIFTY Day Celebrates Global Influence of New Era's Iconic Cap
- New Jewelry Brand, ZAM Jewelry, Telling People To "Shut Up"
- Bally's Names Marcus Glover Executive Vice President And Chief Financial Officer And Appoints Jaymin B. Patel As Vice Chairman